• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Close calls, or devine intervention?

This doesn’t compare to your guys interventions. It since my appendix ruptured in March and being septic and infected all to hell I have a new outlook on life. I’ll only be getting back to work the first week of August. And in February I was in a neck brace. Kim
Kim...
Know full well the dangers of
Sepsis. The wife spent two
weeks in the hospital after
surgery. Darn near lost her.
Was praying for devine
intervention then.
Hopefully you're on the
mend !

Kim...
Know full well the dangers of
Sepsis. The wife spent two
weeks in the hospital after
surgery. Darn near lost her.
Was praying for devine
intervention then.
Hopefully you're on the
mend !
I think I’m good to go as far as being healed up. Just a little weak and tire easily. I see my surgeon on Aug 02 so I’m think I will be cleared to go back to work. Kim

I think I’m good to go as far as being healed up. Just a little weak and tire easily. I see my surgeon on Aug 02 so I’m think I will be cleared to go back to work. Kim
Take it easy and adjust to
your new found pace.
The wife is still not up to
her usual self after almost
a year. This kind of stuff
takes a lot out of you.

Take it easy and adjust to
your new found pace.
The wife is still not up to
her usual self after almost
a year. This kind of stuff
takes a lot out of you.
Thanks. No kidding. I never thought it would take this long. Hopefully your wife get back to her old self b4 too long! Kim

Similar occurence. We rented a Jeep in Ouray, Colorado. After 12 miles of twisty hairpins and rough inclines, my wife said, "Stop." The last hairpin led up and onto the highway just as a semi was going by. I could have killed myself and my whole family. Makes me ill to think about it.

Last edited:
Yes, I was lucky my family wasn't killed by my mistake but I can't credit God. One just has to walk through the cancer ward at a children's hospital to know he either can't stop it or doesn't care to. These parents are praying fervently for God to intervene and he doesn't. Don't give me that God works in mysterious ways. When one person in a crowd shooting is killed and another barely escapes with their life how can you say God intervened and saved that one person but not the other?

Sandy Hook. Uvalde.

I only bring up religion if someone else does first.

Yes, I was lucky my family wasn't killed by my mistake but I can't credit God. One just has to walk through the cancer ward at a children's hospital to know he either can't stop it or doesn't care to. These parents are praying fervently for God to intervene and he doesn't. Don't give me that God works in mysterious ways. When one person in a crowd shooting is killed and another barely escapes with their life how can you say God intervened and saved that one person but not the other?

Sandy Hook. Uvalde.

I only bring up religion if someone else does first.
God has a plan.
I'm not here to convince you
of his deeds.
But those you speak of in
a childrens cancer ward....
Some survive, some are
called. It is painful on
earthly bounds to witness.
In my book, no child should
suffer.
But humbleness is what's
being taught here. That life
is precious on any level.
And should that life be
called before it's precieved
time, rest assured, it's in
good hands.
Innocence trumps all.
Not only those in cancer
wards need suffer due to
earthly bounds.
What of those simply cast
aside?
Abortion is an abomination.
Our constiution guarantees
a right to life and the
persuit thereof.

Last edited:
I’m not sure of ‘divine intervention’ but I’m a firm believer of intuition, some have quite a bit, the ones not here had very little. I think it is built into us from the survival of the fittest through the eons, the ones that ‘lived’ passed this gene on to their offspring. Sad but the problem today is to many ‘bad’ genes (people 100-200 years ago would not have lived past 11) are reproducing, think about the health problems we see today. I myself wouldn’t be here today except for a few doctor visits, thankful of course. Sorry for the deviation from the post

I’m not sure of ‘divine intervention’ but I’m a firm believer of intuition, some have quite a bit, the ones not here had very little. I think it is built into us from the survival of the fittest through the eons, the ones that ‘lived’ passed this gene on to their offspring. Sad but the problem today is to many ‘bad’ genes (people 100-200 years ago would not have lived past 11) are reproducing, think about the health problems we see today. I myself wouldn’t be here today except for a few doctor visits, thankful of course. Sorry for the deviation from the post
I'm going to try to articulate this a bit differently - it's maybe a higher ability to process clues under time pressure. My maternal grandmother was a descendant of the Korean warrior class, and during my years driving a tractor trailer, I think I had enough of her genetic material to dodge a few serious events.

I don't question the religious beliefs of others. But as an infant, I was cast aside, and not aborted. That wasn't good either, started off contracting polio in the orphanage, worse stuff came later. I would not wish my earlier years on anyone. I've been incredibly fortunate that things averaged out for the better in later life. Some would argue that was part of a plan, and I sure can't refute that view. My adoptive parents (Jewish) said I had a better than average survival instinct.

Last edited:
Baby Blue, I'm glad it turned out okay for you. 1STMP I'll think about the intuition thing some more.

We are products of our culture to a certain extent. Most of us here are from Europe where the Catholic Church has ruled for one and a half millennia. The thing I often think, are those who are prone to believe in a religion just as religious if they were born in a Muslim or Buddhist culture. I was raised with a comprehensive Christian background. It takes a lot of courage to say to myself that religion just doesn't make sense. Is there a supreme being? Maybe, but I don't think it's the one or many of the world's current religions.

Last edited:
I think there is something else, I just don’t know what it is. I am Christian but I don’t buy all of it. And if I’m wrong what does it matter.
We WILL find out one day, if it’s the big sleep or on to the promise land, we have no control. I think the one thing that I cringe at is someone saying if I don’t believe in a certain ‘person’ I don’t get to ‘go home’. That doesn’t jive

Auto Transport Service
Back