• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you eat your chili?

Im I the only one who likes a small bit of sour cream with my chili and cornbread? hhhmmmnnnn
Once in a blue moon, sure. Sort of the same way as using it on "dee-luxe" tacos. :lol:
It's not necessary to enjoy the meal, but it doesn't hurt either.

Cabbage soup. Yum!

it’s awesome, so good i over eat till exploding level , my favorite really …
clint eastwood shiver.gif

Only thing cabbage is good for is cole slaw...shew!

Maybe no chilli snobs but you better not mention putting ketchup on a hot dog or you might be crucified! Not by me.

(Actually, I do - along with mustard, onions, chili and cheese!)

A pound of burger, a diced onion, a big can of chili beans, a big can of petite diced tomatoes and tomato soup or juice to thin to your liking. Chili powder to taste and a sprinkle od cumin. Make one day and eat the next.
For some reason chili älways taste better the next day

It's been said that the ideal chili is made with 239 beans. Why? If you add one bean it's 240.

Real chili.... No beans, by itself in a bowl. Possibly crackers crumbled inside.

Cincinnati chili...over spaghetti with a mound of cheese and hot sauce.
20180415_112921.jpg

I eat mine (chile' without beans)
with homemade sweet cornbread or drop biscuits
& con carne (chile' with beans)
I eat it the same way too

sweet cornbread is a staple here
I pretty much serve it with most, pastas & soups or beans
around here, I make a big pan 9"x18" probably every 2 weeks
I refrigerate the leftovers after its cooled,
albeit sort of dries it out a bit,
nothing a lil' butter & 30 seconds in the micro can't cure

Used to dip potato chips in milk but quit drinking milk a long time ago....thousand island dressing on spaghetti but also like mushrooms cooked into the sauce and the sauce also has ground turkey instead of ground beef. Tarter sauce mixed with ketchup to dip fried oysters in. Pineapple on my pizza but like it totally loaded except for anchovies. Can't stand them or sardines. Used to hate liver and onions but love it now.

Maybe no chilli snobs but you better not mention putting ketchup on a hot dog or you might be crucified! Not by me.
HA! I live in WI, there are so many other superior sausages to choose I can't remember the last hot dog I ate.
But, I do know it would have had ketchup. But also mustard, relish, onions(chopped) some sliced hot peppers, and probably some really thin sliced cheddar along the edge of the bun.
I just got done grilling/smoking some local meathouse made "sheboygan brats" on the ol's weber.

back to the thread though, I have never actually had a "chili dog". Chili/cheese smothered french fries, but not on a hot dog.

Used to dip potato chips in milk but quit drinking milk a long time ago....thousand island dressing on spaghetti but also like mushrooms cooked into the sauce and the sauce also has ground turkey instead of ground beef. Tater sauce mixed with ketchup to dip fried oysters in. Pineapple on my pizza but like it totally loaded except for anchovies. Can't stand them or sardines. Used to hate liver and onions but love it now.
that's.... well that's....
There is a lot to unpack there.
That last line though, you bet! Making liver and onions is culinary art though. Had my share of "rubber strap and burnt onions" over the years, makes you appreciate and remember the places that can do it right.

i bet i’d surprise you with how good it is , fried cabbage is to die for ! man it’s a dish ya can’t stop eating!!!
Several old (now passed) relatives have tried to get me to like cabbage forever.
To me, it's just another rabbit chow. :)

that's.... well that's....
There is a lot to unpack there.
That last line though, you bet! Making liver and onions is culinary art though. Had my share of "rubber strap and burnt onions" over the years, makes you appreciate and remember the places that can do it right.
Yeah, that "diet" of ol' @Cranky sort of explains his name... :lol:
Good Lord man, my gut just passed out from my reading all that!

Auto Transport Service
Back