• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

Just in case you guys thought I had abandoned the "DOG" project, I thought I would put up some proof that I haven't, all be it meager. Had some parts media blasted and finally got a chance to prime them. My trans is also being rebuilt as we speek and I did stop by the body shop for a quick visit.

IMG_5647_1.JPG

IMG_5648_2.JPG

IMG_5649_3.JPG

i have been wondering where you have been lately matt.

i have been wondering where you have been lately matt.

I've been around here, but my work has been keeping me so busy that I haven't had any time to work on the "DOG". I am planning on taking a couple of weeks off between Thanksgiving and Christmas that will be ALL "DOG"!!!.

i'll be watching for your progress reports during that time.i wish i could say the same for my progress on my car,but i know what you mean by not having the time to do anything.

Just picked up the engine and trans that will be going into the "DOG", I have had my eye on these for a while. This is a matched set that came out of a `68 Runner that a buddy used to own, the same guy that sold me the car 3 years ago(almost to the day) and he should be amongst us shortly. Anyway he pulled this #'s matching engine and trans out and set it aside in favor of a built 440. Some time later he sold the car locally and included this original equipment that the guy never picked up and after repeated calls to him the guy basically forfitted them and now they are mine and you can bet I will be watching to see if that car goes up for sale. I turn over every rock on the internet looking for info and the remote possability of finding original documentation or equipment for my car and this guy won't be bothered to keep a #'s matching engine and trans with his car. I guess he is happy with the car the way that it is and has no plans to change or sell it. Engine is an HP that has probably never been apart as far as the rotating assembly is concerned and was running when pulled, allthough it was tired and ready for a rebuild. The trans is in the same condition and both are the wrong color. Another friend is just finishing up the rebuild on the trans that I had allready picked up for the "DOG", so I guess that one will now be a spare and I will try to sell off the 383 that I was going to put in it in another thread.

IMG_5668_2.JPG

IMG_5667_1.JPG

Sweet! Nice find Matt! So is she staying a stock 383? Or are u gonna build a sneaky stroker or a serious 383? I am gonna be building my 440 this winter I think,just a very stout 440 I hope. Any more word on the B body mystery machine u found?

Sweet! Nice find Matt! So is she staying a stock 383? Or are u gonna build a sneaky stroker or a serious 383? I am gonna be building my 440 this winter I think,just a very stout 440 I hope. Any more word on the B body mystery machine u found?

Nothing crazy, just building a cruiser, it will have a six barrel and an Air Grabber hood from a `69, otherwise pump gas and reliability is what I am after.
Nothing new on the mystery machine accept my buddy who is co-owner with me has joined this forum, so mum is still the word.

Like I said, big balls and just plain old fashioned crazy. We need to start a crazy poll and then give out a prize to whom ever gets the most votes.

Like I said, big balls and just plain old fashioned crazy. We need to start a crazy poll and then give out a prize to whom ever gets the most votes.

I think there would be a handfull of us that would be tied for first for crazy, yourself included.
Still haven't been able to make much time to work on the body lately, it sucks not having it out in my shop where I can just go out there anytime I want. SOON!!.
I did place my order with Legendary for the upholstery and the door panels, should have them by Christmas. It's all coming together!!!.

I think there would be a handfull of us that would be tied for first for crazy, yourself included.
Still haven't been able to make much time to work on the body lately, it sucks not having it out in my shop where I can just go out there anytime I want. SOON!!.
I did place my order with Legendary for the upholstery and the door panels, should have them by Christmas. It's all coming together!!!.

Do you have more pics of your shop.

Do you have more pics of your shop.

No pics currently on the computer to post of my shop, but it is basically an oversized detached garage (very old) that measures 20' deep X 35' wide on the inside with plenty of storage in the attic. I insulated and ran a gas line out to heat it so I can work year round easily. I also have another outbuilding that is about 400 sq. ft. that was originally a steamhouse (sauna) which is where the lawn equipment, tools and a lot of car parts live. Having this extra outbuilding helps keep my shopspace open and I have built some suprisingly big projects in it. I would love to buy a commercial space and there are some great deals to be had here in the Detroit area, so we'll see.

Check these babies out! pearl white Legendary skins. These are going to look SO SWEET with that LL1 turquoise candy shell. A Christmas present from my girlfriend and myself and hopefully my parents will contribute as well. I ordered the door panels at the same time and should be here any day.
Merry Christmas 2010.

Attachments

• IMG_5871_1.jpg
    IMG_5871_1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_5872_2.jpg
    IMG_5872_2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 746
that will definitly look good when you get the paint on and the interior in. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!!!

Thanks guys, I got the door panels too. Legendary really makes a nice product, I'll get some pics up of the door panels soon.

Auto Transport Service
Back