• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Radiator Shop is Freaking Nuts...

Krooser

Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
So.... I took my Coronet radiator in to get the water inlet switched side to side.

I knew there may be an issue with the core being leaky...after all its pretty old.

They called yesterday with news that there are a couple leaks that need attention but they won't try to fix them.

I reported before that they would love to sell me a new aluminum radiator.

So I told them to give me an estimate to switch the inlet and record the radiator.

You sitting down?

$1100.00 +!!!!

I figured about $300. I could add $300 to that $1100 and get a new GlenRay unit.

So I think I will just run with what I have just to get the car mobile. I can pinch off a tube or two. I can buy stop leak. And I can keep the inlet on the same side and just run a longer hose to the other side of the road. Done it before.

$1100.. obviously they didn't want to do the job.

What a rip off. Why not get one of these radiators. ECP I’ve heard good about them Mopar Radiators

I took my 67 B to get an alignment 352$ later. Holy hell it wasn’t even that bad, but was all brand new . 175$ hr labor plus shop fees.

Last edited:
What a rip off. Why not get one of these radiators. Mopar Radiators

I took my 67 B to get an alignment 352$ later. Holy hell it wasn’t even that bad, but was all brand new . 175$ hr labor plus shop fees.
Just did the same for about the same money. It fought them the entire time though, had to do it 3 times (I have all 3 print outs). Everything new with a Borgeson kit I just put in. Most money I ever paid for an alignment but I will say it's the best driving/ handling mopar I've ever had in the 30yrs of having about 10 of them

Just did the same for about the same money. It fought them the entire time though, had to do it 3 times (I have all 3 print outs). Everything new with a Borgeson kit I just put in. Most money I ever paid for an alignment but I will say it's the best driving/ handling mopar I've ever had in the 30yrs of having about 10 of them
I got the borgeson also and I’ve never driven a nicer old Mopar.

I just drove 75 miles to find a Radiator shop to repair my gas tank.The ones that are still in business may tend to be greddy if there is no competition.

I have Glen Ray radiators in all my cars and will continue to deal with Bob for my heating and cooling needs. But, there have been a few guys on this site who have used this radiator from ebay with good results. They have several options available and are quite economical. Might be worth it for you to check them out.
22" Radiator 1966-1969 Charger Cornet Superbee Road Runner RT Mopar B-Body Black | eBay
I've been looking at those same radiators on Ebay, Made in the U.S.A. and they have a good rating. Plus, they'll pass as a stock looking radiator with the top tanks they use. If I can use what I have to get the car running and 'finished' I may pop for a Glen Ray unit then.

I've been looking at those same radiators on Ebay, Made in the U.S.A. and they have a good rating. Plus, they'll pass as a stock looking radiator with the top tanks they use. If I can use what I have to get the car running and 'finished' I may pop for a Glen Ray unit then.
These seem to have a good reputation here, but I seriously doubt at this price they are made in the USA.

Auto City Classic makes great radiators IMHO. Quality welding from what I see and you can't beat the factory style looks for an aftermarket aluminum rad. The 26" I installed in mine played a major role in solving all my cooling issues. Rad & shroud bolted right up. There's a informative thread on the ACC radiators.

I have ECP radiators in my Chargers. Aluminum, 2 row and they cool well enough to drive in 110 degree weather with no problems. The last one was bought about a year ago for a little over $300 shipped to me.

I've had two original radiators re-cored, ten years apart. Price doubled in that time, but still half the cost of Glen Ray. I'm lucky to have competing shops in the area, keeping the prices somewhat under control. I'm working with numbers matching cars, so my options are limited.

Last edited:
I just don't see the value of a Glen Ray when alternatives are out there for a fraction of the price.
If you're aiming for a correct restoration, sure but for the cars I own....I don't care about rare or valuable numbers or stock appearance.

I just don't see the value of a Glen Ray when alternatives are out there for a fraction of the price.
If you're aiming for a correct restoration, sure but for the cars I own....I don't care about rare or valuable numbers or stock appearance.
A buddy in Phoenix turned me onto this one. 4yrs now, all good

I have a Champion in a 72 Duster. It looks like the one listed above. I do like them to look a little closer to stock but as far as function, the squared off units still work.

I’m a huge fan of Bob his are in mine and going them as well. Never a bad choice and yes it is pricey but the quality far exceeds the cost.

Not cheap, but I wanted to keep the GTX’s original radiator because of the correct stamping in the top tank. No regrets though, once the engine is up to temperature it stays rock steady regardless of speed or ambient temps…

I have Glen Ray radiators in all my cars and will continue to deal with Bob for my heating and cooling needs. But, there have been a few guys on this site who have used this radiator from ebay with good results. They have several options available and are quite economical. Might be worth it for you to check them out.
22" Radiator 1966-1969 Charger Cornet Superbee Road Runner RT Mopar B-Body Black | eBay
I could live with that...

I could change the upper hose to match the radiator...mine is centered. The lower would be correct.

I have purchased glass from these guys before.

Going to give this some thought.

I used an ebay aluminum rafiator that they paint black so it looks stock. Works fantadtic in my car. Never gets hot. I had my other radiator repaired locally, it was less than 300 bucks.

I was able to source a brass/copper 26" 3 row unit from a shop an hour away called Industrial Radiator. Their supplier was in Texas. I think it was made by Redi Rad. $425.00 plus tax. IR takes care of Ag, oil field, military, construction, emergency vehicles etc. Maybe see if there is a similar shop in your area.

I was able to source a brass/copper 26" 3 row unit from a shop an hour away called Industrial Radiator. Their supplier was in Texas. I think it was made by Redi Rad. $425.00 plus tax. IR takes care of Ag, oil field, military, construction, emergency vehicles etc. Maybe see if there is a similar shop in your area.
GlenRay is 50 miles from me...I get thru Wausau every week while on the job.

A decade ago I was building my '56 F100. Using a blown early Hemi.

I bought a 4 core used radiator from them from an F600. They record it and moved the outlet to accommodate the supercharger. $600 which was plenty but the work was impeccable.

Auto Transport Service
Back