• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time for a show lets see the 71-74's

Thank you very much, I am in a little smitten with it too, but then again, I'm a little biased. lol.

I can understand that. I originally wanted a '71 and the same stripe you have. But, now that I've gotten a '72, with this grill, I'm defenitely going for the tank tracks.

I don't remember seeing the pics, was your stripe a decal kit or painted in? I've seen a few pictures where peoples stripes looked painted in.

It was a decal kit. Don't remember now where I got it. My friggin memory gets worse every day. Also i've bought and traded so many parts with so many people you just lose track.

Check out these dual eddie quads set up I had on it before wanting to go to the stock look.
015a.jpg

014a.jpg

That is phenomenal! I want to eventually run a multi-carb set-up, but I have to get rid of this 2.76 open rear diff first. I need better gears and sure grip in my life.

i have made the decision...either i don't know how to drive it (3400 stall convertor) or just don't like it..it feels like it needs an overdrive/4th gear. So I am def putting a 4spd in her over the winter...
As far as the 391's..I will wait to see how she is with the 4spd before swapping to 355's.

i have made the decision...either i don't know how to drive it (3400 stall convertor) or just don't like it..it feels like it needs an overdrive/4th gear. So I am def putting a 4spd in her over the winter...
As far as the 391's..I will wait to see how she is with the 4spd before swapping to 355's.

Well, if you want to to do better on the highway, I'd consider trading you! :rolling:

Fair trade, right?! lol.

great pics!!!! i'd put pic of my 73 sat work in progress but the wife's out of town with the camera!! don't know how to download pics anyway!! lol! but hey i can change oil and she can;t!!!LOL

Beautiful RR there PettyBlue73! Thats a nice color combo on the 71 Chevelle, real nice looking cars...

Thanks Guys!
The chevelle is gone replaced by this...
photo-1-3.jpg

73 Duster 340 4 speed all matching

The chevy was a clone anyway
i passed on a 73 H code Duster 340 black 4spd for my 71..just better condition, it was a difficult choice.

Here are some recent pics of my Dolores. Drove her to work yesterday. January 31st and 63 degrees and sunny in Delaware. Holy crap, just amazing to be driving this time of year with the windows down and a big damn smile!

IMAG0551.jpg

That grill looks great! I wish mine hadn't been stolen.

Auto Transport Service
Back