• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Spent the last three days-not including today-chasing a charging system problem:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: on the Sport Fury. I HATE electrical problems.:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Now I know why electricians have superiority complexes-they deserve to!:grin:

Spent the last three days-not including today-chasing a charging system problem:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire: on the Sport Fury. I HATE electrical problems.:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Now I know why electricians have superiority complexes-they deserve to!:grin:

What is wrong ?? What kind of ignition system do you have ?? this below may help some, if you have CEI/ECU electronic ignition... check all the grounds very well, check & clean connections "thoroughly" at the bulkhead connector & use dielectric grease when reassembling, everything goes thru the Amp Gauge so make sure there is no issues with that part of the system... I always run use star washers on every ground connection, I run #4ga.-#6ga. grounds everywhere, engine to body, body to sub-frame, back of cylinder head to CEI/ECU module/box, alternator housing to inner fender-well, battery ground to body/chassis & a #8ga. wire from the main threaded terminal to the large "threaded" terminal on the starter relay {it shortens the path of resistance/re-charge}, especially if you have a trunk mounted battery, still a good idea either way, it can't hurt to have extra grounds & it will help the charging system that goes thru some long routed wire from alt to starter to amp gauge to starter relay... I know it's over kill but it cures so many issues with these 40-50 y/o cars & substandard wiring systems... I also added a dual field Powermaster 75amp Alternator & Electronic Regulator...

Attachments

• Mopar Elec. Ign. wire diagram 4 pin Ballast & electronic regulator #11.jpg
    Mopar Elec. Ign. wire diagram 4 pin Ballast & electronic regulator #11.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 298
  • Mopar Chrome Ignition Box.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 272
  • Mopar Chrysler Dual field Square Back Alternator #11.jpg
    Mopar Chrysler Dual field Square Back Alternator #11.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 300
  • Mopar Chrysler Voltage regulator Dual fiels Alt #11.jpg
    Mopar Chrysler Voltage regulator Dual fiels Alt #11.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 278
  • Mopar Ignition Starter Relay #1.jpg
    Mopar Ignition Starter Relay #1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 277
Installed the 295/50R 15 Cooper Cobras and their new Rallye wheels measuring 15x8 5-4 1/2. Rear. Summit. Sweet. Look bitchin. No clearance issues.

Sanded and painted my convertble top bows, in a couple days i'll put the whole mechanism back on the car.

What is wrong ?? What kind of ignition system do you have ?? this below may help some, if you have CEI/ECU electronic ignition... check all the grounds very well, check & clean connections "thoroughly" at the bulkhead connector & use dielectric grease when reassembling, everything goes thru the Amp Gauge so make sure there is no issues with that part of the system... I always run use star washers on every ground connection, I run #4ga.-#6ga. grounds everywhere, engine to body, body to sub-frame, back of cylinder head to CEI/ECU module/box, alternator housing to inner fender-well, battery ground to body/chassis & a #8ga. wire from the main threaded terminal to the large "threaded" terminal on the starter relay {it shortens the path of resistance/re-charge}, especially if you have a trunk mounted battery, still a good idea either way, it can't hurt to have extra grounds & it will help the charging system that goes thru some long routed wire from alt to starter to amp gauge to starter relay... I know it's over kill but it cures so many issues with these 40-50 y/o cars & substandard wiring systems... I also added a dual field Powermaster 75amp Alternator & Electronic Regulator...

Thanks,man. However,my system is original and cave-man simple. I'm going to post the problems in the "Electrical" section. Not losing any volts when the car is off(due to parasitic loss),but even with a new alternator/regulator,battery/ballast resistor,I still don't see over 11-11.5 volts on the gauge(new Auto-Meter). I'm taking a break from it today-maybe-and peruse other folks posts about charging problems. Sumpin ain't right...:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Shined her up,charged the battery good(still have some charging issues) and we're off to The Bean Festival car show in Fairgrove,Michigan. Fingers,legs and even gonads are crossed. Wish me luck!

Rejetted the Holley and drove to the antique tractor show. Tomorrow...the drag races.

Shined her up,charged the battery good(still have some charging issues) and we're off to The Bean Festival car show in Fairgrove,Michigan. Fingers,legs and even gonads are crossed. Wish me luck!

...And...we made it back trouble-free. Car started every time I went to fire it up. Going to the Peach Festival in Romeo,Michigan tomorrow,and of course I'll get pics-might even get a couple of some local talent:headbang:.

Worked on the new wiring harness and the dash. Man what a bunch of wires! What have I gotten myself into!

Installed Steering linkage, Pitman, Idler, drag link, Headers complete, Steering box, Steering column, wiring harness,

Attachments

• Steering box.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 243
I actually snuck out yesterday and went around the block! I was surprised it started right up after sitting for a little over a month! (choke not hooked up).. Cant beat that..

Put in a new master cylinder in the racecar, so hopefully I can go racing next weekend!

Attachments

• amber2.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 205
Reinstalled camshaft in new 383 motor and dialed it in. Cam was just a little to tight for my taste originally.

Today

Cleaned up the Bee and drove it to the mca grand national car show ( mustang car show- mustang,okla) to let them see a real car!

went back and said hi and whispered sweet nothings to her !:grin:

Removed my oil pan from my 383 and found some cracks in the cylinder wall underneath one of my piston in the middle. Turned the engine upside down and found it in the left bank of the 2nd piston on the skirt. Went to see my machinist but was closed today. I guess I'll have to check him tomorrow. I'm not gonna disassemble the motor yet until I'm settled in my new place. Can't wait to see what's wrong with this engine of mine.

pulled car in the shop for day 1 of mt project
might start grinding bondo off see whats under it all

Auto Transport Service
Back