• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Installed stiffer rear segment leaf spring from Calvert Racing to help keep the rear tires on the ground. Had way to much rear seperation at launch. Apparently the mono leaf springs that are sent with the Calvert system is only good up to about 700 HP. Can't wait till warm weather to try it out.

went out to the barn, looked at the car, looked at the snow every where, went back inside and poured a drink. When is spring?

Installed stiffer rear segment leaf spring from Calvert Racing to help keep the rear tires on the ground. Had way to much rear seperation at launch. Apparently the mono leaf springs that are sent with the Calvert system is only good up to about 700 HP. Can't wait till warm weather to try it out.

Would love to see this car.. My Dart went 5:70's in the 1/8 with 1:24 60' on a 10.5 tire... Caltracs and split mono with 9 way shocks.. Never an issue with traction at any track it was at..

And I abused it with a little go juice off the line...

Striped,prep'd,primered trunk,pass door and fender the past couple days. Will have to take photo's and post in my resto thread to show proof that i actually did it.

went back to the garage talked to her and promised her sweet nothings and told her maybe this year :drunken_smilie:

Finished bending and installing all the brake lines, drank a little to much firewater and went to bed.

scaping the f***king 40 year old glue out of the chrome moldings for the doors, painted the wiper arm assembly...

stripped down my kick panels and gave em a nice coat of interior paint

DSC02754.JPGDSC02758.JPGDSC02791.JPGDSC02793.JPG

they'll do till i can get new ones...

Would love to see this car.. My Dart went 5:70's in the 1/8 with 1:24 60' on a 10.5 tire... Caltracs and split mono with 9 way shocks.. Never an issue with traction at any track it was at..

My car weighs 3,900 lbs and it's hard to hook up. I have used slicks and they work pretty good but the ride of a radial feels alot better going down the track in my heavy car. My best times are also with a Hossier 275/60 with a 1.38 60 ft and went 9.84 @136 all motor. I am installing the 1/2" front longer segment also so I can fit 315s Mt drag radials. They look good under the car but not enough room without moving the rear end back a 1/2".
What kind of tire are you using and what are your shocks at ?

Attachments

• Still framess MMP 9-27-2011 003.JPG
    Still framess MMP 9-27-2011 003.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 228

Car weighs 3,900 lbs and have a ahrd time hooking with drag radials. Car went 9.84 @ 136 on just the motorwith a 1.380 60Ft. I also found that my driveshaft loop was touching the driveshaft when the rear end had about only 2" of seperation. That was not helping my problem any but maybe with the new front segments and some 315s M/T radials it will hook consistantly now.

Finished a complete exhaust header to tip on Friday. Cutouts,Xpipe,dynomax,flowmaster tailpipes,stock tips! All 3inch stainless! Put a new electiric trunk popper in yesterday, spent 2 1/2 hours waxing the car with some new stuff I bought! We do line loc Wednesday! :headbang:
Tony

- - - Updated - - -

stripped down my kick panels and gave em a nice coat of interior paint

View attachment 94155View attachment 94156View attachment 94157View attachment 94158

they'll do till i can get new ones...
My car is supposed to have all blue plastic but they put black in when they restored it, I can't find black repop panels and the last original blue set just sold for $210 on eBay! That's freakin nuts! What kind of interior paint did you use?
Tony

My car is supposed to have all blue plastic but they put black in when they restored it, I can't find black repop panels and the last original blue set just sold for $210 on eBay! That's freakin nuts! What kind of interior paint did you use?
Tony

Holy Mackerel!!! $210?? i bought my paint from Mr Moparts... http://www.mrmoparts.net/interior-paint-dye-12oz-spray-can/ . the paint itself sprayed real nice (make sure you shake the hell out of it before and during use) and matched very well. but....it took him like 3 weeks to ship it out. otherwise, i would buy from him again. IIRC Herb's parts sells interior paint that is supposed to be good as well.

Took the GTX "out back" and sand blasted all the welds made during the rebuild/replace/fabrication process. Now it is on to final body work and paint!

Attachments

• IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 173
What about Mar-Hyde? Is that product still around??

Tore my steering column apart last night. What causes a ignition switch(red wire) to melt? The column itself looks to be in good shape, no need to strip and repaint. Was pricing out turn signal switch and ignition switch plus the lower swivel mount kit. Also lower seal/bushing. Year one and Classic Industries the only two venders I can think of. Anyone know a good place to get this stuff under 2 bills?

I tore apart a 74 360 i took the heads off of for the Ram Charger, looks like it got ripped out due to timing chain slop. And a seized water pump bolt in the timing cover, glad i didnt have that in a car, had to cut it.

Rebuilt the 850 in the Super Bee, wow amazed at how much better it is now.

Finally got the Ram Charger running, after sitting for 6 months after replacing the heads. Put new wires, plugs, cap and rotor in it, filled the carb and it started right up after one crank, startled me with open headers. everything seemed ok.

Any one have a shop manual for a 84 Ram Charger? or at least a wiring diagram? It has a 360 with Hooker headers, Edelbrock Performer 360 and a (gasp) Carter AFB still on it, gotta change that soon, Also does anyone make a wiring harness for them yet, mine is all hacked up from the eletrical stupidness that the previous owners .

I rejetted the 750 Holley and put in a new fuel filter, and picked up a few items for cleaning it.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back