• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Went and picked up a friend this morning that had a stroke last year and took him to run some errands. He is also suffering from diabetes and his eyes are paying the price. We also went to Sam's Club (he loves the place lol) and I finally got a new battery for my garden tractor....139.00 but with a 3 year 'full replacement' warranty. I take that means free total replacement if it dies short of 3 years. Anyways, the battery that was in it was 4+ years old and totally died and was too big to run the thing with the hood on it so now it's all good. Also did some cleaning in the shop as it was getting kinda bad. Now the temp is sitting at 100 again so thinking about heading into the house and kicking back.....but at 35% humidity, it's not all too bad feeling.

Went and picked up a friend this morning that had a stroke last year and took him to run some errands. He is also suffering from diabetes and his eyes are paying the price. We also went to Sam's Club (he loves the place lol) and I finally got a new battery for my garden tractor....139.00 but with a 3 year 'full replacement' warranty. I take that means free total replacement if it dies short of 3 years. Anyways, the battery that was in it was 4+ years old and totally died and was too big to run the thing with the hood on it so now it's all good. Also did some cleaning in the shop as it was getting kinda bad. Now the temp is sitting at 100 again so thinking about heading into the house and kicking back.....but at 35% humidity, it's not all too bad feeling.
I have a friend that had a stroke last week also. They say it was diabetic related. He was moved to a rehab facility yesterday. Friday when I passed by his house I noticed his grass was knee high so I loaded up the mower yesterday and went and cut his grass for him.

48BC144B-6F97-4FE9-9011-74A7FD954261.jpeg

EC7CA49B-12FF-43B0-9402-A6FA74B4A8F7.jpeg

C901CE75-B999-4141-954C-F6DCB7297891.jpeg

A22ABD54-CBA3-4147-8CDF-E88FEE400569.jpeg

I'm out at the drag strip flipping burgers. Our club volunteers

20230715_125833.jpg

20230715_112021.jpg

That is exactly what I did for our dinner lastnight.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning our oven....stripped out all the glass from top & bottom...cleaned up nice so you can see what's cooking again. :D
Don't care to see what's cooking....just care how it comes out :lol:

Geeez....can't get away with anything these days.....

:lol:

Last one is the before shot so I got the glass back the correct way around.

BTW....I stood away from the reflection, as I am not fully clothed right now.... :rofl: ...more nasty mental images for ya.....:eek:

20230716_104919.jpg
20230716_104928.jpg
20230716_104935.jpg
20230715_143210.jpg

Trays and racks will get a good soak and clean today hopefully. It's a horrible job....but it makes for a happy wife. :thumbsup:

Trays and racks will get a good soak and clean today hopefully. It's a horrible job....but it makes for a happy wife. :thumbsup:
Don't have to worry bout that anymore and it feels great!!! :lol:

We're getting the living room tiled next week.
We won't be able to walk on it for 36 hours.
The living room completely separates the bedrooms and bathrooms from the dining room and kitchen.....and all three entrances.

So today, I placed cinder blocks outside the 2nd bedroom window, placed a 2x4 on the sill, and screwed a couple surplus rack mount equipment ears to the lower pane to use as handles so we can open and close it from the outside.

I'd love to be able to hear what the neighbors think when they see us coming out the front door, walking 15 feet, and climbing in the window or vise versa.

...for three days.

The living room completely separates the bedrooms and bathrooms from the dining room and kitchen.....and all three entrances.

So today, I placed cinder blocks outside the 2nd bedroom window, placed a 2x4 on the sill, and screwed a couple surplus rack mount equipment ears to the lower pane to use as handles so we can open and close it from the outside.

I'd love to be able to hear what the neighbors think when they see us coming out the front door, walking 15 feet, and climbing in the window or vise versa.

...for three days.
:rofl: I've done stuff like that just to make my neighbors wonder what the hay was going on!! :D

:rofl: I've done stuff like that just to make my neighbors wonder what the hay was going on!! :D

The good news is that 2BR window is actually under the carport, so one of our daily torrential downpours will likely be a minor inconvenience rather than a "do I really need to go the bathroom?" moment.

...for three days.
When we had our driveway poured, I had new locks fitted to the sliding doors on both sides of the house. Made it easier to get in and out since the driveway was done in two halves. It worked really well....and we were back to using the front door within 3 days.

That is exactly what I did for our dinner lastnight.

I spent most of yesterday cleaning our oven....stripped out all the glass from top & bottom...cleaned up nice so you can see what's cooking again. :D
5 cases of burgers so far

Auto Transport Service
Back