• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

it's a one day drive for you guys......
He's a butcher and I don't know if he has to work weekends, so first step is to get him to stop playing with his meat, then we can get him to go.

seriously..... if you and @Kern Dog were to make it next year my life would be complete :lol:
Man, comments like this really humble me. Thank you.
Next year? THAT is very possible. I'm leaving California and looking to do some things that I have yet to do, see some new places as well. I was at the Ohio Nationals in 2004. I wasn't on the internet then to know any car forum members. Now though, it seems that the FBBO family is FAR reaching and that I'd probably run into some member at any major show that I attended. I see people that I've met online at the California shows but the bulk of the membership are still outside of my state.
I'd LOVE to meet up with everyone, especially the members that reached out to guide me in some of my endeavors. I remember who helped me and who I'd like to shake hands with, maybe even buy them a table Dance.....
Eldubb 440 of course. You gave me the confidence to fix Jigsaw in a way that resulted in the car driving as straight as can be, the panels fitting better than many show cars and all of it for minimal bucks.
Kiwi has been a great Moderator and a pretty reasonable one as well. He shares a sense of humor that many of us here can appreciate.
Richard...Oh yeah. Our sense of humor may result in a volley of insults and jokes back and forth like Dave Chapelle chatting with Richard Pryor but it could be fun regardless!

He's a butcher and I don't know if he has to work weekends, so first step is to get him to stop playing with his meat, then we can get him to go.
Would we have enough time to give it a rub before serving up in the tent ?

Went and picked up a friend this morning that had a stroke last year and took him to run some errands. He is also suffering from diabetes and his eyes are paying the price. We also went to Sam's Club (he loves the place lol) and I finally got a new battery for my garden tractor....139.00 but with a 3 year 'full replacement' warranty. I take that means free total replacement if it dies short of 3 years. Anyways, the battery that was in it was 4+ years old and totally died and was too big to run the thing with the hood on it so now it's all good. Also did some cleaning in the shop as it was getting kinda bad. Now the temp is sitting at 100 again so thinking about heading into the house and kicking back.....but at 35% humidity, it's not all too bad feeling.
Go get a battery tender sir. Doesn’t have to be a big one. I used a couple Harbor Freight ones on my small battery stuff, tractor, generator, compressor etc.. Never had one fail, my last tractor battery lasted 6 years.

give it a rub ?
1 no, just no.jpg

When we had our driveway poured, I had new locks fitted to the sliding doors on both sides of the house. Made it easier to get in and out since the driveway was done in two halves. It worked really well....and we were back to using the front door within 3 days.
That can be a challenge, sometimes you gotta improvise.

We're getting the living room tiled next week.
We won't be able to walk on it for 36 hours.
The living room completely separates the bedrooms and bathrooms from the dining room and kitchen.....and all three entrances.

So today, I placed cinder blocks outside the 2nd bedroom window, placed a 2x4 on the sill, and screwed a couple surplus rack mount equipment ears to the lower pane to use as handles so we can open and close it from the outside.

I'd love to be able to hear what the neighbors think when they see us coming out the front door, walking 15 feet, and climbing in the window or vise versa.

...for three days.
Is that after the tile is set? I’ve never had any tile have to set for 36 hours! Even if they had to use leveler, they could do it in sections to help the cause. Rapid set could be used in certain areas. I don’t get it? We’ve done whole big houses and made it work.

What did I do today?
Paint work.
B O R I N G.
Yeah....some interior walls and ceilings at this place needed fresh paint to present well for the upcoming sale.

What did I do today?
Paint work.
B O R I N G.
Yeah....some interior walls and ceilings at this place needed fresh paint to present well for the upcoming sale.
Painting is much easier and more satisfying than plastering. :lol:

Mark - @eldubb440 ....he da man. :thumbsup:

Mr Cranium may have been detained in the show buildings with his car display. :)

That’s exactly what happened. I met up with a long winded friend at the car and I couldn’t shake him. Once I did, I went to the area where the tent was last year and couldn’t find the tent. After some time wandering around in the heat, I gave up.

I took my ‘58 Apache to a local show, I wanted to keep the GTX clean for the Street Machine Nats next weekend...

Auto Transport Service
Back