• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

That’s exactly what happened. I met up with a long winded friend at the car and I couldn’t shake him. Once I did, I went to the area where the tent was last year and couldn’t find the tent. After some time wandering around in the heat, I gave up.
Around 2002 I was a vendor at the Houston Mopar show and race and this guy that I never met before decided to hang around my spot and became a chatterbox. After over 2 hours and a few hints to go enjoy the show I finally asked him if he'd do me a favor.....he said sure. That's when I told him politely that I was trying to conduct business and he was making it harder for me to do that and I would like for him to leave. Man, did he get butt hurt but he left. Other than that and the high temps, I enjoyed meeting several members that were on that other now defunct site and also enjoyed being out there amoung all the people and cars.

In 2000 I was asked if I'd be interested in being a show judge and accepted and did it again in 2001. Man, that was a big honor and was a great experience getting a close up look at a large crop of cars. A few years later the Houston Mopar club sold the rights to some commercial outfit and well, it slowly died and now there isn't a Mopar show here anymore. :(

I took my ‘58 Apache to a local show, I wanted to keep the GTX clean for the Street Machine Nats next weekend...
That’s one of Chevys best looking trucks, that and the 67-72. I’m looking for one for a friend, he’d love to have one.

Just last month, I considered buying a '66 chevy 1 ton sign service truck.

I sure could have used it to work on the roof (and the sign) at both the shop complex and my house.

It was an old school build with a boom and hoist but just a ladder running up the top side of the electric motor lifted boom (no bucket).

Cab was rusty but ad said it had a 350 4 speed with aluminum heads. Long-ish flatbed diamond plate deck and dual 8 lug wheels.

Was $1900 the first time it was listed, then $800.

Why didn't I buy that?

Last edited:
I love that guy :lol:
aww schucks.jpg

That’s one of Chevys best looking trucks, that and the 67-72. I’m looking for one for a friend, he’d love to have one.
I was offered a '59 Apache and a '71 340 'Cuda in exchange for my '70 GTX going back about 10 years now. I turned that offer down....didn't want to try and restore an old Chevy truck at that time, and the deal didn't work in my favour really.

For you picture hounds....these were them.....

1689534912000.png

1689535007569.jpeg

I was offered a '59 Apache and a '71 340 'Cuda in exchange for my '70 GTX going back about 10 years now. I turned that offer down....didn't want to try and restore an old Chevy truck at that time, and the deal didn't work in my favour really.

For you picture hounds....these were them.....

View attachment 1495208

View attachment 1495210
Phil would love that! He’s not a mechanic in any sense, but I’d do my best to help him out. He’s offered to help me with my stuff but he’s just as busy as I am. He’d drive it just like that one is, and love every minute of it.

Apache trucks are a lot of fun because in stock form they are the perfect blank canvas. Being a Chevy, you can get damn near any part you’re going to need. Parts are reasonably priced and plentiful too.

No restore needed.

I was a "survivor" guy before there was a term for it.

No restore needed.

I was a "survivor" guy before there was a term for it.
I also turned it down because they were two more vehicles that were not family friendly at the time.

Now, had the trade been for a Superbird or Daytona......I might have been persuaded. :lol:

I agree. I like the E body Barracuda styling but there really is no useful back seat.

IMO the 71-74 B is almost the same car...with a useable back seat and trunk.

...and better/more useable rear wheel wells.

I've owned both E and 71-74 B and from behind the wheel, they look and feel very similar.

Last edited:
Sitting on the deck drinking rum and watching the Wife on her knees weeding the vegetable garden. I could do this all day. Well damn, I guess that I already have it's 4 o'clock.....

Finally started on building a flow bench. :lol: Ordered the parts back in January, and one only arrived in late May......damn Germans and their expensive yet slow freight service. Other parts I had to cobble together at the local plumbing merchant last week. Built a plywood test board....have to prove it works for the client, then install on site in the stainless cabinetry.

:xscuseless:

20230717_195604.jpg

Last edited:
Drove from Carlisle PA to Kansas City KS straight through. @eldubb440 & I spoke while "CRUISIN" outside St Louis, enjoyed a good laugh as usual with Mark!! Waved to @Hey-O as went through St Charles (Fast Lane must be hurting for $$$, neon sign looks like ****!!) 16hrs total time

Drove from Carlisle PA to Kansas City KS straight through. @eldubb440 & I spoke while "CRUISIN" outside St Louis, enjoyed a good laugh as usual with Mark!! Waved to @Hey-O as went through St Charles (Fast Lane must be hurting for $$$, neon sign looks like ****!!) 16hrs total time
Just got back from the pool, dinner would have been on me!! Be safe!!

Been doing some badly needed housework....as in cleaning. Also been out in the shop trying to decide what I want to get rid of and what to keep and put a few things away that I know is being kept. Cleaned my redneck pool and refilled it and jumped in. Sure felt good. Last temp to see before going in was 101 but when opening up this morning it's showing 104.

Listed a new jar of marmalade on our local auction site......under collectibles. It is the flavour that is key. No grapefruit in this, and it tastes divine.
Manufacturer refuses to make it again. So, I priced the jar at $20,000 .....should get some attention.
Jar is 375 grams......not quite sure how much that is in fractions of a washing machine. :lol:

20230725_193349.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back