• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Had tile installed in the living room.

Before pic has mock up of "bridge" to get to bedrooms and bathroom since we couldn't walk on it for 2 days.
Scrapped that idea and just went in and out the 2BR window.
20230710_140743.jpg
20230722_133830.jpg

Ate these delicious brisket tacos.

You get three, but two are enough.

20230719_131053.jpg

Dont normally post personal stuff but at our place at crystal lake MI..
20230724_090401.jpg
20230724_090404.jpg
20230724_090408.jpg

Nice quiet weekend.
View from the back deck....

Pretty much took the day off and rested my tired bones but did do a few little things outside like set up a water sprinkler on the front lawn to try and save the dying grass.....and put out some food and water for the squirrels and for the occasional birds. Also watered the okra plants which is an everyday thing. Can't believe how fast they dry out even after flooding them.

Worked on the truck of course.....
Serpentine belt replacement, tensioner, idler, and coolant and hose replacement on the Cummins.
I'm beat.

Yesterday I 'tried' to trim some low hanging limbs from my live oaks but they weren't low enough to do using a 12' step ladder, so I called a tree trimmer that someone recommended and after he came out to look, I decided to do even more. It surprised me that they came out on the same day and did the work a few hours later!! For what I had to do, told him the crew could just drop the limbs on the ground and leave them and I'd clean up the mess and he was good with that. The mess in the front yard wasn't bad but was bigger in the back.

Got most of the brush from the front on the edge of the street already and decided to fire up my 37 year old chain saw and well, it took some loving but got her going once again and cut up all the larger stuff in the front and some even bigger stuff in the back. Think I'll sleep good tonight! The back yard is going to take a couple of days to clean up....and probably more! This crew (2 guys) knew what they were doing and landed everything in one area but not piled up where it would make it hard to work with. I've cut down lots of trees over the years and wish I could still do it and it was enjoyable to see others doing it so well! And yeah, keeping some of it for the burn pit! Best 350 I've ever spent for something like this.....

Yesterday I 'tried' to trim some low hanging limbs from my live oaks but they weren't low enough to do using a 12' step ladder, so I called a tree trimmer that someone recommended and after he came out to look, I decided to do even more. It surprised me that they came out on the same day and did the work a few hours later!! For what I had to do, told him the crew could just drop the limbs on the ground and leave them and I'd clean up the mess and he was good with that. The mess in the front yard wasn't bad but was bigger in the back.

Got most of the brush from the front on the edge of the street already and decided to fire up my 37 year old chain saw and well, it took some loving but got her going once again and cut up all the larger stuff in the front and some even bigger stuff in the back. Think I'll sleep good tonight! The back yard is going to take a couple of days to clean up....and probably more! This crew (2 guys) knew what they were doing and landed everything in one area but not piled up where it would make it hard to work with. I've cut down lots of trees over the years and wish I could still do it and it was enjoyable to see others doing it so well! And yeah, keeping some of it for the burn pit! Best 350 I've ever spent for something like this.....
Cutting trees and branches is the easy part....cleaning up is where you earn your keep. :lol:

My wife learned that a few years back when I did some trimming.......6 feet high, 20 feet deep & 50 feet long (approximately 375 washing machines)......a small walkway to get past and into the shredder. Didn't start taking photos until half the mess was cleared...

This was 2015....

1690496088858.png

1690496136815.png

1690496166503.png

1690496225433.png

Recently in decent weather....

1690496375751.png

Built a new garden shed...
1690496432016.png

1690496479196.png

1690496572712.png

Cutting trees and branches is the easy part....cleaning up is where you earn your keep. :lol:

My wife learned that a few years back when I did some trimming.......6 feet high, 20 feet deep & 50 feet long (approximately 375 washing machines)......a small walkway to get past and into the shredder. Didn't start taking photos until half the mess was cleared...

This was 2015....

View attachment 1500738

View attachment 1500739

View attachment 1500740

View attachment 1500741

Recently in decent weather....

View attachment 1500742

Built a new garden shed...
View attachment 1500743

View attachment 1500744

View attachment 1500745
Kain't do that anymo!!!

6 feet high, 20 feet deep & 50 feet long (approximately 375 washing machines)
375 washing machines, that's a big pile..... approximately 1.8 meters high x 6 meters deep x 15.2 meters long. :lol:

Camping up on Lake Ontario, right near Niagara Falls. Couple days away, tomorrow back on the '63, trying to finish it up for the WPC Annual Meet, and Car Show. Happens to be in Buff/NF this year, couldn't pass up the Debut on my 7 yr Resto !!!
16905044692116926941542415353065.jpg

After my grandson helped me recover my 70 rr from paint jail yesterday, I took him fishing this morning on the farm.

20230727_104923.jpg

What am I gonna do today other than work on my car?

Tenants moved out of our rental house this morning after 9 years.
That's gonna be fun.
Recon only today, and maybe cart over some cleaning supplies.
We are just guessing 5K to reno including replacing the carpet with tile.
...but the rent can go up $500 a month thanks to the housing market and that will pay for all that in a year.

Then take 5 kittens and the mother we've been fostering for 2.5 months to an intermediary that will transport them to a different county and shelter that has a good track record of adopting them out.
It's already been a better life for them than the feral colony they came from.
They've been a LOT of work. Three are absolutely ready. One is almost there and another is just starting to come out of her shell.
One in particular has attached herself to me and it's going to be tough letting that one go.
I keep telling her "someone is gonna LOVE you".

...and tomorrow we go to Tampa "ComicCon".

I wonder if I can get my wife to buy a ST TOS "Janice Rand" mini dress and boots.
She's actually threatened to do that before, but in blue (because she's a nurse).

Got the front yard almost done. All the brush is on the edge of the street and only a little bit of limb left. Took more time to get my old saw started than it did to cut up what's left in the front and cut up some of the big stuff in the back before deciding I'd had enough for one day. It was in the mid 90's by 1pm and that's when things got shut down and had a couple of beers. Glad the saw still runs as good as ever since it's only 37 years old! Sure can't complain about this old Poulan 3400 with the Craftsman name on it. It's cut lots of trees over those years....

Front yard is pretty much done. Either mow it again to munch up the left overs or get out the rake. May just mow it. Also put a decent dent in the back yard. Kinda wish now that I would have paid the trimmers to clean up the mess but I did want some of the wood for the burn pit and got some now. Too bad it wasn't just about any other oak that grows around here other than live oak. Cooked with live oak once and never again.

Front yard is pretty much done. Either mow it again to munch up the left overs or get out the rake. May just mow it. Also put a decent dent in the back yard. Kinda wish now that I would have paid the trimmers to clean up the mess but I did want some of the wood for the burn pit and got some now. Too bad it wasn't just about any other oak that grows around here other than live oak. Cooked with live oak once and never again.
No pictures? Lol :xscuseless:

The 'pile' was over 6' high.....no shots of the front because it's already cleaned up unless you just want to see the tree. :D

IMG_20230726_181451725_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230726_181510985_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230726_181557062_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230726_181541749_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back