• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

I had to find and fix a water leak at our Town park today.

D1FF3300-BCE7-441E-B1AB-0543C29CAAC3.jpeg

2474D30D-1FBA-4848-B1BD-64D4018CED0F.jpeg

434A4023-E034-47AD-A9DC-0B274C003BF0.jpeg

Looks like a lot of work to me. Watch the heat and don’t over do it. :thumbsup:
Just rinsed off out back and about to go in the house until about 7 or so. The Beater Dakota is loaded with brush and want to put it out on the street. At least the temp hasn't gone over 95 so far...

Got my friend to come over and help me put my air compressor in my garage it's a brute and also ran some electrical, a qualified electrician is coming over Wednesday to take care of the more complicated things. I'll post pics when the lights and compressor are working.

Cleared out 2 sacks of trash in my garage......no pics .....made some space, and got rid of stuff that I haven't needed in ten or more years......which I will probably need next week now. :rolleyes:

Took the day off today as my back was bothering me after the final push to clean up the mess of tree trimmings and a few a little bit too heavy limbs. The back didn't bother me yesterday but it let me know it wasn't happy today. Bent over to pick something up from the floor and thought I wasn't going to be able to straighten up. After that little episode I made sure there was always something close by to grab a hold of just in case.

Cleaning up out back under the carport and about to jump in the redneck pool!!

Started to clean up years of grease, oil and lake scum off the new “tower of power”. Got the lower portions cleaned with Sen Solv and I’ll have to buff some portions with some McGuires polish I have at home. A repaint will be needed for the corrugated cowl, top cover and fin. Carb kits and new decals are on order.

Before:

IMG_3962.jpeg

After:

IMG_4077.jpeg

no i didn’t work on my car , but i did chase down a very nice .355 8 3/4 sure grip center for it !! and then the wife let me mow the lawn !!!

Decided I knew my limitations with large tall trees, not having the proper equipment, and it was too dang hot to cleanup the aftermath. So, I didn't push my luck and I hired a professional arborist team...they know what they're doing...I don't. I stayed out of their way and watched. :)

These were very, very tall water oaks.

IMG_20230805_194623967.jpg
IMG_20230805_194648170.jpg
IMG_20230805_194656349.jpg
IMG_20230805_194744442.jpg

Georgia Power and my rural neighbors will be glad this last one (above) is gone.

IMG_20230805_180732864.jpg

Boats are a whirlpool in the water that you pour money into! The best boat you will ever be on is someone else's!

I owned a boat once. Never ran it or launched it. Long, long story how I got that "free boat". I was glad to have sold that. Lot of negative energy to that little boat. Evil little beast.

Today after work, I'll be finding a window-mount air conditioner for the bedroom, then see what I can get done in the shop this afternoon before the forecasted cat-sized hail and 50-mph winds show up. Yay. Fun.

Auto Transport Service
Back