• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Finished my flow bench job this afternoon. Plumbed up the hoses....just need to leak test tomorrow so we can start calibrations.

:xscuseless:

20230725_211147.jpg

Listed a new jar of marmalade on our local auction site......under collectibles. It is the flavour that is key. No grapefruit in this, and it tastes divine.
Manufacturer refuses to make it again. So, I priced the jar at $20,000 .....should get some attention.
Jar is 375 grams......not quite sure how much that is in fractions of a washing machine. :lol:

View attachment 1499553
According to the internet, the average washing machine is 170 lbs. At 453.592 grams per pound, the washing machine is approximately 77,110.7 grams. Dividing 77,110.7 grams by 375 grams comes out to be 205.628 so your jar of Marmalade is approximately 1/205th of a washing machine. See how easy that is. :lol:

Actually I'm cleaning up a Harbor Freight 4 drawer tool cart that a neighbor left behind when moving out, three houses down from me.
This guy must have been a pack rat, or a hoarder, with all the crap, junk, that's not work a darn thing, to be hauled away.
This worked out well for me as the current cost for one of these tool carts in now $220.00.

EDIT:
Here's what i got.
30 in. 4 Drawer Tech Cart, Black

Last edited:
and drinking beer. Saw my new neighbor up on a tall (14'?) step ladder standing on the very top of it trying to hang a swing in a tree. Told him he could borrow my 28' extension ladder and he declined....at first. About 10 minutes later he came asking for it lol. Other than that, I washed my 'new' 96 Dakota and have been cleaning up the shop.....and drinking beer :D
Ok, Hold it.. is this my wife on here disguised as Cranky? The name is perfect for her when she gets home from work and then asks me the exact question you are? “What did you do today besides work on your car”? Ya no. Not falling for it..

Ok, Hold it.. is this my wife on here disguised as Cranky? The name is perfect for her when she gets home from work and then asks me the exact question you are? “What did you do today besides work on your car”? Ya no. Not falling for it..
:rofl: I don't have to worry about that anymore.....mine left just over 6 years ago!! Bout freaking time lol

:rofl: I don't have to worry about that anymore.....mine left just over 6 years ago!! Bout freaking time lol
That’s what happens when you retire before the wife. I get up early in the morning and have coffee with her and then send her off to work.. oh but I always thank her for contributing to the Social Security system on her way out the door!

Down the street neighbor set out an HF welding cart with bad rear wheels and a Schumacher 10A battery charger/starter among other things.

I slowed down to look just as they were coming out. They said the charger trips it's breaker. I'll see if anything can be done. Sometimes those type of things are silly, sometimes not.

I've watched those welding carts go from $29 to $35, to $39, to $45, and now $50.

I thought about buying one with "the next" 25% off coupon, then they stopped giving those out, and then with "the next" 20% off coupon, and then they stopped giving those out as well.

Guess I waited long enough, as now it's free. I'm pretty sure I have some wheels laying around in my "wheels I found off the side of the road" collection.

Noticed my upright freezer is making some compressor noise. It's from 1989 so I guess it's time to retire. Ordered a replacement, before all the food inside is totally ruined. Borrowed a small chest freezer from the neighbor to store the beef in until the new one arrives Saturday - now the only thing in the dying freezer is frozen veggies. Sucks but won't be heartbroken if they warm up (freezer was at 38* inside, this morning).

Also ordered a replacement lift pump for my Cummins. I run a mechanical pump off the crankshaft, but still need the (crap) electric pump to prime the system at startup, and keep the VP44 properly fed and lubricated. Not looking forward to the install...but still better than a couple grand for a VP44, if that dies.

Gonna be an expensive week. Have a contractor coming to look at my a/c Friday. It's....working, but doesn't get full cold. Runs non-stop and barely keeps the house at 70 at night; used to be able to drop it into the low-mid 60s, and it would cycle while doing it. Now, constant operation only nets 70 at best.

According to the internet, the average washing machine is 170 lbs. At 453.592 grams per pound, the washing machine is approximately 77,110.7 grams. Dividing 77,110.7 grams by 375 grams comes out to be 205.628 so your jar of Marmalade is approximately 1/205th of a washing machine. See how easy that is. :lol:
What would I do without you guys to help me out here? :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back