• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Finally got around to repairing that rotten door frame leg.
Not super pretty, but it's done.
Generous application of Liquid Nails to help seal from water coming in and pooling in that area.
Ripping 1/8" off a firring strip to trim out the exterior was not fun.
I got all of $6 in it for the firring strip and the Liquid Nails, thanks to a frame leg we salvaged from the last time we had to do a full replacement.
Didn't even need to mill/rout for the hinge, and the door opens and closes perfectly.
Again, not super pretty but sure beats $900 for a new set of pre-hung French doors.
Now I get to do the other side, but I don't think I need to do the actual hinge area.
Might also just replace the bottom 4" of firring trim.

20230820_133043.jpg

20230820_133309.jpg

20230820_142712.jpg

20230820_143718.jpg

Here's the "before " pic-

20230805_155039.jpg

The original installers also failed to caulk that firring trim behind the hinges, and that significantly contributed to the hinge area of the frame getting soft.

Mom's 30" rider broke the idler pulley/blade engage bracket.
Not sure how that happened.
Replacement part was fairly easy to find and cheap, but didn't say you had to use a different bolt to hold the pulley as the original threads into the bracket and has a built on washer. I had to use a separate nut/bolt/washer.
Also noticed the combination spring bushing/strengthening washer was broke 3/4 of the way around.
Didn't see that until it was almost all back together.
If it happens again, I'll weld a strengthening washer to the bracket instead.

20230818_192350.jpg

Loading up the beater with scrap and all the crap I don't want anymore. Don't worry, not getting rid of 'good' stuff but it's taking awhile to sift through it, especially with these high temps but at least it's a bit cooler today. It's only 95 right now instead of 99 like it was yesterday at this time. It was 108 at around 3 yesterday.....screw that mess!

Sunday not today actually, new to me a used curio cabinet
I put my 31, 1/18:1 scale diecast cars in
found just up the road in Twain Harte, $80 estate sale
perfect shape mirrored back 5 shelves adjustable
he was asking $100, I had $103 in my wallet,
I said $80 ?, he said yes
Sonora cabinet diecast car - new curio cabinet.jpg

and my dad felt sorry for the guy bought a digital bathroom scale
he was asking a $1 for, dad gave him a $5-er

Die-cast cars curio cabeinet 001.JPG

I redid the arrangement like 3 times
it all fit, I'm happy for now & get my shelves in my office back

Die-cast cars curio cabeinet 004.JPG

Die-cast cars curio cabeinet 005.JPG

Die-cast cars curio cabeinet 007.JPG

Diecast collection desk & shelf latest 002.JPG

Diecast collection desk & shelf latest 001.JPG

Helped a friend do a service on a Toyota.......

:p

3 days of building fences and gates...actually make that 4 days as I have one more gate to build and hang.

I was out in the 110* shop yesterday for maybe 15 minutes before I gave up. I was working on getting a few parts ready to take pictures of so I can get things cleaned out of here. Eradicated a couple of wasp nests and a nasty-looking yellow jacket nest while I was out there. They are all over the place this year!

After work today, I need to mow. This is the worst my pasture and lawn have looked in 25 years.

I was out in the 110* shop yesterday for maybe 15 minutes before I gave up. I was working on getting a few parts ready to take pictures of so I can get things cleaned out of here. Eradicated a couple of wasp nests and a nasty-looking yellow jacket nest while I was out there. They are all over the place this year!

After work today, I need to mow. This is the worst my pasture and lawn have looked in 25 years.

Quite the opposite here. We’ve has so much rain this summer that everyone’s lawn looks good.

Quite the opposite here. We’ve has so much rain this summer that everyone’s lawn looks good.

We've had the rain, as well. Since I still work, getting out in the morning to mow isn't an option during the week. And it's already 100* by noon. This has been a rough Summer for me, all around. This is far from the "hottest Summer on record" in Oklahoma, too.

It only hit 102 here yesterday but after being out in it for 6 hours I'm taking a break today. The hottest part of the day here usually comes around 4:00 but I was just out in the shop about 1:00 and it was already 102°. The forecast is saying 107. And my yard is looking pretty crappy too and that's after putting 185 dollars worth of water on it. The actual water bill is 92.21 but the sewer rate goes up based on the amount of water used and is 73.41. The trash fee stays at 19.58. My total water bill is usually in the mid-30s. The temp is now 104°. I'm betting I'll see 107 today and maybe more.

Well 108 about 30 minutes ago. About the only thing I've done today is put out food and water for the animals and cleaned up the kitchen a little bit.

Auto Transport Service
Back