• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Almost back together just need to get the exhaust manifold back on and put a new radiator and new hoses on it.
1717094335761.png

1717094353736.png

perfect day for some sand blasting........ so I did

notice the lack of holes in this AMC :poke:

IMG_20240530_193915085.jpg
IMG_20240530_193934526.jpg
IMG_20240530_194005352.jpg

Replaced the rubber roof on our RV trailer. Conditions were perfect. 70 degrees with a gentle breeze. Oh, and my wife applied the adhesive and rolled out the rubber roofing material while I watched.
Terry W.

RV Roof.jpg

Looks like there is no way to mini tub a Rambler.

after some closer examination........ :fool:

I suppose we could lose the coil spring sockets, use coil over shocks with a little modification, and move that piece of frame rail inboard........ hold my beer :drinks:

oh, and swap out the AMC 12 bolt junk for a 9 inch........ :steering:

orrrrrrr........that crossmember bolts in; make a custom one and use a chevy 12 bolt to retain the look

4link.jpg

Last edited:
Worked from home today while I waited for the a/c repairman to arrive. He was supposed to show up between 1 & 3 this afternoon. How about after 5 p.m.? Anyway, cold air again after $250.

after some closer examination........ :fool:

I suppose we could lose the coil spring sockets, use coil over shocks with a little modification, and move that piece of frame rail inboard........ hold my beer :drinks:

oh, and swap out the AMC 12 bolt junk for a 9 inch........ :steering:

orrrrrrr........that crossmember bolts in; make a custom one and use a chevy 12 bolt to retain the look

View attachment 1671317
The AMC 20 differential is actually quite robust, being a 8.875", bigger than a Dana 44, same with the pinion shaft. It's the axles that are the weak link, and they can be upgraded.

The AMC 20 differential is actually quite robust, being a 8.875", bigger than a Dana 44, same with the pinion shaft. It's the axles that are the weak link, and they can be upgraded.

I had Moser axles in my AMX......yes, the stock axles suck, and the axle tubes are tiny, 2 1/2 inches instead of 3.........

they look stupid, like a body builder who never did leg day....... the look of tiny tubes is something I just can't get past

my issues aside, this car will retain the original rear; "twigs" and all

Last edited:
I had Moser axels in my AMX......yes, the stock axels suck, and the axel tubes are tiny, 2 1/2 inches instead of 3.........

they look stupid, like a body builder who never did leg day....... the look of tiny tubes is something I just can't get past

my issues aside, this car will retain the original rear; "twigs" and all
WTF is an axel?

Axel Foley?

tumblr_13f806636d9051eda3720af3d4aa8ca3_08eb6177_540.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back