• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Just got back home a little while ago, from the Mather VA Hospital, getting the stitches taken out of the gashes on my forehead, from my "blacking out" going unconscious, last Friday, here in the bathroom, in my house.
Post # 4,735.

20240713_101944.jpg

Put a nail thru my foot.

View attachment 1692311

Pulling up flooring and a sheet of plywood slipped off my pry bar as I was peeling it off the floor. Bounced down and a skinny (2p?) nail bounced in and out between my 2nd and 3rd toes. I've cleaned, irrigated, showered, alcohol and peroxide. Can barely see the dot where it went in.

Debating a tetanus shot. No striations, no burning sensations...I dunno.
Do the Tetanus shot, why take the chance!Tetanus - Symptoms and causes

got my desk built, in my exspansive office area. Going to add a peice of angle to the bottom of the spindles of the railing to tie them all together. will be easier to handle when i remove for prep and paint
20240710_192236.jpg

Ya i know this is the B bodies site, but i went and looked at this, at the Mather Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard, this morning.

MATHER PNP DART 002 (Small).JPG

I had the two John Deere on the trailer all ready for a service stop, then to my lady friend's land for work.

And then the rains came this morning. I swear I can flip tails with a two headed coin!

20240707_211906.jpg

Last edited:
Went to a Home Depot store that i haven't been to at another city near my town.
Our local Home Depot has been getting worse and worse these days, that i hate going into it.
The local HD store near me was bad 25 years ago!!
Our Duck “penny” just got home from surgery. She got a broken leg last week and we had it pinned. She is recovering in the A/C now, down for 4 weeks until she can go back with her friends… I am thinking we should change her name though since it was $1400!

View attachment 1681811
Spent a grand on our first prairie dog with broken back.....she was worth it though!
Brought out two boxes of transmission linkages, carburetor linkages, brackets, mounts, from the 60's, and 70's, that have been in storage for the past 40+ years.

Now i hafta go, and somehow figure out what i have.
Only a few things are labeled, what i took things off of, back in the dinosaur days.

View attachment 1681836
Oh man, gots lots of stuff that I have no idea what it goes to anymore!
The biggest predator on earth is us and we have so little compassion. My son was out one day on his wave runner and found a box turtle floating in the middle of the lake. He picked it up and rode back to shore with it. Walked it back into the woods so far, so it would never find its way back to the lake again............... Thanks for sharing!! .............. Ulli
Rescued a snapping turtle (well, it snapped at me hard when trying to move him/her) from the middle of the road years ago.
Good breeze out on the lake today, so I flew the kite again. It’s hard to judge the size a couple hundred feet up, but the wingspan is 6.5 feet.

View attachment 1687673

View attachment 1687674
Built a 'traditional' kite when I was around 15 that was close to 5' high. It took a very long tail to make it fly lol
Just amazing tech when you can talk to your Son through a $75 camera, while he reads you your bills that are due, from 400 miles away. Caught him breaking in to use my Bridgeport late this afternoon... View attachment 1687802View attachment 1687803View attachment 1687804
A car that close to the milling machine??
Clean up continues on the storm damage...........

Before.....
View attachment 1689137

After...........
View attachment 1689139

Before............
View attachment 1689141

After...........
View attachment 1689142

Still much more to do, but progress non the less.

I'm really too damn old for this kinda work anymore. :BangHead:
Oh man, I'm still in the middle of cleaning up here but nothing like that.
Took the dog for a walk at lunch today.

Someone decided to make one of our local eating joints into a drive through. No one got hurt..just the driver from the air bag! I don't know how you make a 90 degree turn off the street into a building.

View attachment 1689469

View attachment 1689470

View attachment 1689471

View attachment 1689472
Too many panic and think they are on the brake and press harder.....on the gas!
Don't know all the details.
Appears someone pulled out in front of the car that hit the building..
Causing driver to lose control, but avoided the car...no skid marks. 90 degree turn. then right through the entrance...
Appeared to b a younger women over weight w blue hair, not elderly.Lol

I don't think driving is her skill set..Lol

I have stood many times..right where car went through. Lucky no one was injured.

Being a small town the lumberyard opened on the 4th to help them board it up and the very next day they are open but for pickup only!
There's WAY too many that have no concept of driving!!
Well, i got out of the hospital today.
Friday morning something happened to me, in the bathroom, here in my house.
I completely "blacked out" and going down, my forehead hit the bath towel rack, on the wall.
Put two, nice big gashes in my forehead.
And woke up in a big pool of blood, on the bathroom floor.
Got stitched up, ok, but they admitted me, not knowing if it was a neurological problem, or related to the cow valve replacement on my heart, that was done about five years ago.
I'm back home, I'm doing ok.
Glad you're doing ok....been there done that and the doc thinks I had an inner ear infection. I still deal with it today after nearly 20 years.
Scary..hope they get it figured out.
My brother got bit by a spider and did similiar years ago, also in the bathroom, blacked out didn't know how long he was out and had to get stiches.
Wasn't much of a bite either, but the only thing we ever figured out.
Even a mosquito bite makes a very large welp on me these days....fire ant bites are worse now than ever!
yes, thanks. actually one of the nicest concrete turnouts on my property
The only concrete work that's turned out like I like is work that I've done!!! It's freakin nuts!

Put a nail thru my foot.

View attachment 1692311

Pulling up flooring and a sheet of plywood slipped off my pry bar as I was peeling it off the floor. Bounced down and a skinny (2p?) nail bounced in and out between my 2nd and 3rd toes. I've cleaned, irrigated, showered, alcohol and peroxide. Can barely see the dot where it went in.

Debating a tetanus shot. No striations, no burning sensations...I dunno.
Oh geez....stepped on way too many nails when I first started working at construction site. Took me a couple years to finally pay attention to where I was placing my feet! Your situation looks different than mine and do the shot!!
Ya i know this is the B bodies site, but i went and looked at this, at the Mather Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard, this morning.

View attachment 1693756
What's the outcome of this!?

Mortised a door for hinges.
Got a cool routing template a few years ago.
Need to measure three times and cut once.

1721061098055.jpeg

1721061139401.jpeg

1721061199526.jpeg

My bad-*** wife relaminated a counter top.
Sadly no pics because she did it while I was on a supply run.

I wonder why on one markets a square hinge that can be used with a simple cut down section and not a rounded end and very small material left at the edge?

Could be marketed as easy install and reversible swing.

Seems too easy and logical.

Maybe it's already been tried and bought out and mothballed by the "big hinge" industrial complex.

Last edited:
Finished the rebuilding of two pairs of both A and B body lower control arms, keeping me busy.

Painted a bathroom at work. 10x12, 10' ceilings.

Black.

Virgin sheetrock.

Boss bought NO primer, and ONE gallon of paint.

Needless to say, I had to go get a second gallon...and whoever he had do the drywall? Well, it looks like he hired Stevie Wonder to sand the drywall. Ugh. I, of course, didn't catch it till it had 2 coats of satin black on it...too late!

Oh well. Can't see it from my house. He said "paint"...I painted.

It actually works very well. It's a live music venue and it's the bathroom for the performers. TONS of light (2-48" drop ceiling LED fixtures and a 6-lamp vanity light over the mirror) and lots of space. Perfect for performers to set their stage looks. White ceiling and light gray floor, and a wall to wall mirror over the sink/countertop.

Painted a bathroom at work. 10x12, 10' ceilings.

Black.

Virgin sheetrock.

Boss bought NO primer, and ONE gallon of paint.

Needless to say, I had to go get a second gallon...and whoever he had do the drywall? Well, it looks like he hired Stevie Wonder to sand the drywall. Ugh. I, of course, didn't catch it till it had 2 coats of satin black on it...too late!

Oh well. Can't see it from my house. He said "paint"...I painted.
virgin sheetrock, my favorite.

Went to the doctor's office today. The cough I've had for nearly a week turns out to be a mild case of bronchitis. :rolleyes:

It actually works very well. It's a live music venue and it's the bathroom for the performers. TONS of light (2-48" drop ceiling LED fixtures and a 6-lamp vanity light over the mirror) and lots of space. Perfect for performers to set their stage looks. White ceiling and light gray floor, and a wall to wall mirror over the sink/countertop.

That explains it.

Potentially low maintenance.

last day (for me) in Battle creek Michigan end of a nearly 8 million dollar gas station/truck stop, with Lee's chicken/Dunkin donuts. these projects have doubled in price over the last 5 years, nuts. Last pic is when we finishing up the framing.
20240716_111002.jpg
20240716_115851.jpg
20240716_115857.jpg
20240716_115910.jpg
20240306_091721.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back