• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What movie scared you as a kid?

The Swarm. Hate all wasps, yellow jackets and hornets.

Detective D, that was Carrie.

I don't want to redamage your psyche, but here's the scene. Carrie's mom was ultra-religious and thought she needed to kill Carrie. Through telekinesis, Carrie sends multiple knives across the room killing her. Therefore turning the mother into a representation of Saint Sebastian.

seb.jpg

Saw this 1956 movie when I was 7 and didn't know it was fiction. Was afraid to go to sleep for a long time after that!

Invasion of the Body Snatchers - 1956.jpg

Deer Hunter 1974 had to register for the draft. Still haven’t watched it the second time. Once was enough. What guys went through during that war was and still is terrible.

Wizard of Oz and Willie Wonka.........that crap is pretty much child abuse in my book

The end of Dirty Mary Crazy Larry bothered me.

3729B725-4C1C-4136-9B0A-399016786DCA.jpeg

Same with Vanishing Point.

But seriously, Folks....
I wasn't one to be scared by a movie, though I did enjoy them. The worst are the sudden movement, the loud noise, the gore...Those are lazy and cheap gags to surprise you. The real quality comes from a slow build where suspense is in play. That takes talent and skill. Halloween was one that built on suspense. The hand coming out of the ground in Carrie was sort of a mix between a shock/surprise and a scare.

Last edited:
Saw Alien in the theater in '79 when I was 10. I've never been quite right ever since...

They showed us a film in school 1st or 2nd grade called The Child Molester (1964). It literally scared the crap out of my 7 year old self..

Westworld and this cheesy horror movie where a guy becomes a giant and grows to where half his skin is missing.
But Westworld gave me nightmares, I saw these when I when I was around 5.

They showed us a film in school 1st or 2nd grade called The Child Molester (1964). It literally scared the crap out of my 7 year old self..

I bet school systems wouldn't even allow videos like this anymore

More uncomfortably bothersome than scared for me, was the sexual assault in Billy Jack or The Born Losers, not sure which.

I remember my dad taking me to see the shining when it came out.
Scared the hell out of me.
Dad was in trouble with my mom when she found out. lol.

The original Wolfman with Lon Chaney as the character!!! Always scared the ever-lovin' "stuffin" out of me as a kid!!! Now I'm dating myself I know, but I still cannot get a grip on all the Slasher Movies to this day. Just do not like being frightened and scared even though they are just stories brought to life by film!!! cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back