• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Drove to work Friday and to a new "Jazz Joint" with the wife afterwards.

No pics :(

Drove to work Friday and to a new "Jazz Joint" with the wife afterwards.

No pics :(
You said you did it and that's good enough for me!!!! LOL.

I don't post every time I go out, I go out a lot! The wife and I were going to the cemetery today with Cora. It's raining, first good rain in a long while, we're staying home and watching it rain. I may play with the 71 front-end wall art I've been working on. Simplicity went out the window on this one. A lot of rough cuts and a ton of shaping by hand.
20240922_095240.jpg

First trip to the gas station! Car is not done yet but want to drive it before weather turns bad, so put the old buckets in it and covered them with towels. This was all dog approved.CC57C8A1-B1AF-4C40-851B-19C0A131CBC9.jpeg60D9FA04-34F2-491D-BE75-C80ABBFCF29E.jpeg

First trip to the gas station! Car is not done yet but want to drive it before weather turns bad, so put the old buckets in it and covered them with towels. This was all dog approved.View attachment 1733466View attachment 1733467
First anything in our cars is a good time!! Nice ride and love your whatever it takes attitude!!

I did the same once, but was sitting on a milk crate. LOL

Haha yep I learned to at least put in a seat after a sitting on a bucket incident

I don't post every time I go out, I go out a lot! The wife and I were going to the cemetery today with Cora. It's raining, first good rain in a long while, we're staying home and watching it rain. I may play with the 71 front-end wall art I've been working on. Simplicity went out the window on this one. A lot of rough cuts and a ton of shaping by hand.
View attachment 1730419
Ulli, it’s looking absolutely great! I’m looking forward to the next phase. You are truly a craftsman.

First anything in our cars is a good time!! Nice ride and love your whatever it takes attitude!!

I did the same once, but was sitting on a milk crate. LOL

I ripped my GTX up and down the street on a milk crate......with no doors, fenders, or hood....... good times!

A milk crate is better than a bucket. An old seat does work best.
I ripped my GTX up and down the street on a milk crate......with no doors, fenders, or hood....... good times!
Haha yep I learned to at least put in a seat after a sitting on a bucket incident
We do whatever hits us at that moment, it's like a drug. I do know you can't mash over 500 HP to the floor on a milk crate, unless God is your co-pilot!

Last edited:
It can be yours, as my downsizing plan continues. It's available!
If I had the room, I'd buy it just to play with it. I used to live for doing vans!! That van is perfect for what I'd do to it.

I wish I could keep them all,but I realize it's time to start letting them go to people who will do something with them.

Ulli, it’s looking absolutely great! I’m looking forward to the next phase. You are truly a craftsman.
I'm about done with the grill, 3 hours so far. I'll put the stainless steel screening in last. Everything get a coat of brown paint, first coat, in case I decide to go with that rusty patina look, the tailgate was done the same way. A light sanding with 320 in spots and the whole look changes. I'm painting the brown today. I'm finishing the wood for fun, not a piece of furniture. The tailgate wasn't done to perfection, it's supposed to be fun, old, playful. If it was supposed to be furniture, I wouldn't have used Bondo and would clear coat it, no paint, and I'd have 8 hour in it. My sensei told me once, grasshopper, you will never be a true furniture maker if you don't master the art of sanding, wax on, wax off. LOL. I absolutely hated sanding!! I've sanded furniture for a whole 8 hour shift, day after day and ended up with tennis and golf elbow. So much dust from Cherrywood, that my nose would drip light red instead of clear. He would come by and ask if I was polishing it or sanding it, joking, but not really. He was almost perfect, and wanted more than that for me. The stories are endless, anyway, here we go. I'll look at it after I paint it and see if I want to fix any imperfections.
20240927_140554.jpg
20240927_140602.jpg
20240927_140609.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could keep them all,but I realize it's time to start letting them go to people who will do something with them.
I gave most everything in my shop away. I'm using the first jigsaw I bought from Sears with our wedding gift money, it's not even a Craftsmen. I gave away two that cost to much for any fool to just give away, I don't sell, I find someone deserving, it's more fun that way.

It's a little different with all the stuff you have and all of it, well sought after. There's only so much time left in this world and having enough for two life times doesn't work for one lifetime.

I gave most everything in my shop away. I'm using the first jigsaw I bought from Sears with our wedding gift money, it's not even a Craftsmen. I gave away two that cost to much for any fool to just give away, I don't sell, I find someone deserving, it's more fun that way.

It's a little different with all the stuff you have and all of it, well sought after. There's only so much time left in this world and having enough for two life times doesn't work for one lifetime.
That's a fact! You don't realize how much stuff you accumulate over the years!

That's a fact! You don't realize how much stuff you accumulate over the years!
From what I've been told and from what you have shown us, you're sitting on a few bucks there. You've done well over the years and for you, the rewards are about to pay off!!

Auto Transport Service
Back