• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

It was a beautiful day for Sunday drive yesterday, a guy in a model a thought so too

1E2F6D92-526F-4E0B-BFC8-AABB4A214F50.jpeg

B5BCE7A6-4353-4CD8-930A-D7A6EA8EF346.jpeg

Nice pictures, I always liked the hoods on your truck.

Spent the morning tidying up the water heater installation I had no choice but to do yesterday and loaded up the old one for the scrap yard. Wasn't going to cruise, but the Wife twisted my arm. Told her I had a couple nuts and bolts to tighten in the back seat first before we could leave! Ended up at The Old Familiar in Coldwater. BEST Onion Rings we've had in a LONG LONG time!

Comfy back here. Needed a spare hand to tighten up the child seat tethers.
1964dodgecruisemay62023 001.jpg

Seems appropriate, arriving being pushed by P275's.
1964dodgecruisemay62023 010.jpg

BEST.. and I mean THE best Onion Rings we've had in a LONG time. Good fries as well.
1964dodgecruisemay62023 012.jpg

My two '64's....
1964dodgecruisemay62023 014.jpg

Great.

Now I want onion rings, even though they are one of the absolute worst things you can do to the human body.

Nothing wrong with Onion rings and Fries... just getting our daily vegetable requirements in! Chased down with some Hops... LOL

Caramelized onion in heavy, oily batter.

Yum, but hello 600 blood glucose if you're diabetic.

FYI the "bloomin onion" at outback is 1300 calories per serving (which is one quarter of what is brought to the table).

So the whole thing is 5200 calories. Anyone ever eat a whole one by themselves? I've eaten half of one.

...and the US RDA calorie recommended diet is 2000-2500 per day.

Last edited:
Brewery hopping Friday night. Tomorrow night to the the 1/4 mile track to watch bump to pass v8 jalopies and vintage modified cars.

+ summer makes you feel like a younger person without a care in the world.

IMG_3170.jpeg

Not my mopars, but the Datsun made the trip up to Lubbock for my brothers college graduation. My brother was told by Weatherford ISD counselors and, teachers, his learning disabilities will keep him from graduating high school, and he should forget about college. He was constantly told by so many, even some family, he’ll be failure, just give up. His counselor refused to do any college prep, she even tried throwing away applications and scholarships. Only one man at the school, Randy Hardin the welding instructor, saw the potential in him, saw his niche, and worked with him and mentored him. Screw you Weatherford, your child you tried leaving behind, had strong family, and a strong church family. And the teachers and faculty members at South Plains helped this brilliant man get his associates degree in welding. He has a strong bright future ahead of him now. It was a fun trip, and a great day seeing him accomplish his goal.

AA31DE29-BF27-41F5-8D45-48AEF51ED9D5.jpeg

F04C764C-6715-4ACD-9620-0F8807893C9C.jpeg

315E408A-ECA5-4C72-8748-239AF9E5528E.jpeg

Not my mopars, but the Datsun made the trip up to Lubbock for my brothers college graduation. My brother was told by Weatherford ISD counselors and, teachers, his learning disabilities will keep him from graduating high school, and he should forget about college. He was constantly told by so many, even some family, he’ll be failure, just give up. His counselor refused to do any college prep, she even tried throwing away applications and scholarships. Only one man at the school, Randy Hardin the welding instructor, saw the potential in him, saw his niche, and worked with him and mentored him. Screw you Weatherford, your child you tried leaving behind, had strong family, and a strong church family. And the teachers and faculty members at South Plains helped this brilliant man get his associates degree in welding. He has a strong bright future ahead of him now. It was a fun trip, and a great day seeing him accomplish his goal.

View attachment 1464289

View attachment 1464291

View attachment 1464292
Very good job. Goes to show, never give up. He could weld for me any day. Congratulations.

View attachment 1464289

View attachment 1464291

View attachment 1464292
You just made my day, hell, you made my week!!! Talk about being proud!! The world is his now, as it should be!! Thanks for sharing!!!

I love your Z. This is my 71 with my son many years ago. I redid her to brand new! I've done boats, motorcycles, vans, sports cars and a few sweet muscle cars. My Coronet is the first car I've bought done.
20210608_093133.jpg

Told her I had a couple nuts and bolts to tighten in the back seat first before we could leave!

Comfy back here.
View attachment 1461170
I'm not sure if all this is code, but, back away from the women sir. I'm thinking about phoning the cops on you!!!................ You guys are the best!!! Thanks for sharing.........

View attachment 1464289

View attachment 1464291

View attachment 1464292
You're pride in your brother is obvious in your words and in this pic. I mean, who has the biggest smile?

View attachment 1464289

View attachment 1464291

View attachment 1464292
Good to here about your bothers success and your support. They tried to put my 2 girls in special ed. Wife and said no way, had to fight them. They needed bodies to fill SE class, not my kids when they don't need it. One is a Walgreen store manager makes 100k+ other works state MA in refugee re settlement $70+.

Mother's Day cruise. Got a late start at 4PM but we made the best of it before the little one needed to be home for a bath and bed, to be ready for her first day of Daycare tomorrow. Home, to Elmvale and then Moonstone, stopped at the new restaurant there that has an amazing menu. Place was fully reserved for Mother's Day and they squeezed us in so we could have a quick beverage and snacks, and get the little one feed. Amazing and glad to see they're that busy, considering this place was a convenience store just 2 years ago! From there we were off to Coldwater for a "photoshoot" at the Mill and then dropped the Daughter and the little one at home so she could stay on schedule. Son in Law brought the '64 back solo and I think I heard some tire squawking while he had no witnesses in the car!

Ready to go, just need some drivers.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 041.jpg

All loaded up.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 057.jpg

Much more roomy than that Dart Grampa.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 061.jpg

The happy family.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 066.jpg

Granma ready to go.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 070.jpg

I think I may be a month further along!
mothersdaycruisemay142023 074.jpg

Moonstone restaurant.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 076.jpg

Keeping an eye on the cars.. lol
mothersdaycruisemay142023 078.jpg

More dip...
mothersdaycruisemay142023 097.jpg

Not sure why my phone makes us look so pale.. Onion rings pretty good here as well, not as good as Coldwater.. but good.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 098.jpg

Oh Boy, I think she's picked her car!
mothersdaycruisemay142023 100.jpg

Remember, always reset the high limit memory before giving your Granma back her car !
mothersdaycruisemay142023 102.jpg

I'm good and happy, lets go again.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 106.jpg

Coldwater Mill.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 109.jpg

Family shot that the Daycare needed for tomorrow.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 111.jpg

Because I thought it looked neat.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 116.jpg

Home in one piece. My Bee's running like ****, but no complaints on the other two.
mothersdaycruisemay142023 121.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back