• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

After the yard work was done I blasted 'er down to the country market for a Coors tall and a bag of dill pickle chips. Nice day. Only gonna be mid-90s (and 20-ish% humidity of course)...so far one of the nicest summers we've had in quite a few years.
View attachment 1491966

View attachment 1491967
Sort of looks like you're hanging out in Dulcich's world there... :)

Much of California is flat farmland.
The big cities that everyone hears about.....Los Angeles and San Francisco are near the coast and have hills, cliffs and lots of traffic.
No thanks. I'll visit those areas but never live in or near them.

To the grocery store, only to spend
$200.00 bucks on groceries, that's
gonna last three days. Can't hardly
afford just to take off and go
cruising these days. And the short
shopping list was devoid of steaks
or prawns.

Dulcich is even further South... But yeah, not meaning to sound racist but orchards all look alike...
:lol:
From what I've seen in videos and such, I think I'd be comfortable in that part of the state - and never feel
the need to venture into the LA/SD parts for any reason.

To the grocery store, only to spend
$200.00 bucks on groceries, that's
gonna last three days. Can't hardly
afford just to take off and go
cruising these days. And the short
shopping list was devoid of steaks
or prawns.
"The media" doesn't say much about how food and such has inflated from 30-50% since the days of Brandon....

As for me going anywhere, I'm broke down. The rack should be back "some time", rebuilt. If it's to jacked up and can't be rebuilt due to much damage, that will take me go to where I don't want to go. I'm not about to try a QA1 suspension change in my garage, now. My car was a mule and I'm sure it probably sits a little different than RC's. I don't have my Cherry picker and I would have to make several phone calls to find out who has it now. It's been about 10 years ago that I loaned it out and told them to keep it, alone with two engine stands, till I needed it again. I never wanted to store all of them at my house, so letting it make the rounds for others to use made sense to me and to be honest, I never wanted them back. If things go right, it should only cost around a thousand and 30 minutes to reinstall, otherwise, it's 5 to 8 thousand and the need of space, time, people to help and all the BS involved with the conversion. I'll cross that road if the time comes. I really thought of just sending it out and don't send it back, till I come and drive it back. I really don't care, this is the longest I haven't driven it since I got it in 2018. My 2019 Durango has 16,700 miles on it, my Coronet, since 2018, has about 10 thousand on it. I use it alot and we enjoy using it as a daily driver, so to speak. This mule was meant to drive, I don't need or want garage furniture, been there, not interested in that anymore. I'm not worried about saving it for anyone, it's all we have of a life that wasn't built with a reverse in it to go back too, like the car has. I'm moving forward at a pretty quick pace with no regrets, that I can change anyway. You know what I always say, Let The Horses Run!!!!!!!

Then, 2005
20220123_135352.jpg

And now....... Big difference.
20230601_154431.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've seen in videos and such, I think I'd be comfortable in that part of the state - and never feel
the need to venture into the LA/SD parts for any reason.
Yep, occasional visits (the 'Fling is always a good enough reason!) and baseball games that's about it!

Even though I should have been working on the GTX, I couldn’t resist going to a cruise night in Lil Red. There was a couple other mopars out too.

A84C3B37-6259-4932-8EB5-E1A2F8F81710.jpeg

ABDAA51C-7510-4DA6-9E17-1DD1D94AF77E.jpeg

AF40A759-5D43-48A8-B247-31E5A2B4472F.jpeg

06F3D7F0-96B7-4078-8605-F5C11E027E3F.jpeg

EEAA350C-B945-43F4-9343-586A0A021E2C.jpeg

7393476C-D773-48C8-8287-CC4D9EB6B5A0.jpeg

I wimped out and took the only car I have with air conditioning out to run errands. And I spotted a beautiful 71 polara at Walmart, if this is someones on the forum, or someone on the forum knows who’s car this is, it looks great!

FF16E65B-2D12-4BEB-A1B9-8FBECE624A4B.jpeg

79BDBFCF-A214-4D8A-B610-4989538CE227.jpeg

You and I need to talk about trading on your LRE!

Yesterday, I had new windlace installed on the Imperial convertible, so that provided opportunity to put about 20 miles on the car. Didn't drop the top, just had the windows down and enjoyed the 82* day
Sorry, it’s been in the family since new, and it’ll stay in the family as long as I’m around, and hopefully after that :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back