• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

She finally got to go down the road! First stop work, then to the muffler shop at lunch

D245A207-157B-48D1-B479-07A4A6101987.jpeg

1F5F6B25-61C5-419E-AD1C-60F6890FB9F4.jpeg

Took Cora to the car doctor yesterday and picked her up today. After putting a new rack and new outers she needed a serious wheel alignment. This guy is next to fastlanes, does all their cars and does more custom older cars than anything. He's done every car I've built and everything I drive. Next winter I'll have him do every bushing under the car, front to back. He'll keep it for a few weeks and drop everything under the car. It's perfect for now and it feels good. You guys know that feeling.
Pppp.jpg
20230908_160155.jpg

Nowhere yet......wiring looms all on the garage floor now. :lol:

:xscuseless:

20230909_162059.jpg
20230909_162134.jpg
20230909_125706.jpg
20230909_125549.jpg

Took Cora to the car doctor yesterday and picked her up today. After putting a new rack and new outers she needed a serious wheel alignment. This guy is next to fastlanes, does all their cars and does more custom older cars than anything. He's done every car I've built and everything I drive. Next winter I'll have him do every bushing under the car, front to back. He'll keep it for a few weeks and drop everything under the car. It's perfect for now and it feels good. You guys know that feeling.
View attachment 1522474View attachment 1522476
So Cora will be all set to "stretch" her legs next July against my 15 Challenger on 270/370 on my way to KC, KS??

So Cora will be all set to "stretch" her legs next July against my 15 Challenger on 270/370 on my way to KC, KS??
She's always ready to Let The Horses Run!!! She's the first car I've had that really feels at home on the highway.

CA267389-AAFA-47B9-8BDD-8AD8CBCA2DBC.jpeg

My Gurl and I reside on Long Island.
We ended up in Goshen NY for the holiday weekend. Referencing the horses in above post, there’s none in the barn but I did make use of all 797 horses under her hood during the trip…..

We drove around to the front of the shop and took a bath and then drove back around to the rear of the shop and went back to sleep.

F00D35D1-0B1B-42D0-B69D-6CEF68C00EC1.jpeg

CDA5BD2B-28A2-4671-B1A0-1A8D80BB178B.jpeg

5311957E-6151-4D13-847B-0A97DAD3F917.jpeg

View attachment 1522543
My Gurl and I reside on Long Island.
We ended up in Goshen NY for the holiday weekend. Referencing the horses in above post, there’s none in the barn but I did make use of all 797 horses under her hood during the trip…..
Cora couldn't touch that girl of yours!! My 65 is good for 426 on a good day. Very fine ride you have there!! I owned a Saleen Yellow tag #12, 715 hp, 6 speed, that ran like the wind. 797 is a ton of power, good for you!!!!
Resized_20191013_135119 (2).jpg

Today was a great day for a cruise around town. There was a car show a few towns over and the cars were out and about. I made three stops and I got stopped three times to talk about my car. It's incredible how these cars can take people back to a time or place that always leaves them with a warm and fuzzy feeling. That makes me feel good for them and in the end everyone's better for that moment. Sounds crazy, but I know you guys know what I'm talking about, it happens to all of us that drive these cars.
20230910_121447.jpg

Today was a great day for a cruise around town. There was a car show a few towns over and the cars were out and about. I made three stops and I got stopped three times to talk about my car. It's incredible how these cars can take people back to a time or place that always leaves them with a warm and fuzzy feeling. That makes me feel good for them and in the end everyone's better for that moment. Sounds crazy, but I know you guys know what I'm talking about, it happens to all of us that drive these cars.
View attachment 1523429
Lucky you, NO/LIGHT TRAFFIC!!!

Lucky you, NO/LIGHT TRAFFIC!!!
By the time I was in the middle of town, I was in pretty heavy traffic. It was hot, A/C running. When I got back home, I was going to one of seven ponds in our development that are being dredged to have a look. I went by a house and the man and a women were in the driveway, he stepped out and in my mirror I could see he was trying to take a picture. It's one way in, so I was going to have to come back by them. When I did came back by he had a gopro out and was standing in the street. I pulled up and stopped. They both walked out and up to me. I rolled down the window and said hi. He said thanks for stopping, I rolled the window up and got out, leaving it running. The guy freaked out and now was walking around the car, I guess filming the whole thing with this gopro, that's what he called it. She asked me why it was running and the windows were up. I just looked at her and told her the A/C was on. She looked at me and said, it has A/C!! I just smiled and said, of course it does, the only thing a car with no A/C can do for me, is take me to one that does!!! They both busted out laughing at my old ***. I told her, get in, she did, and it was absolutely great to watch the look on her face. She ran her hands around on the steering wheel feeling and touching it like it wasn't real. She was touching and looking at every square inch of the inside of it. They are in their early 40's, I would guess and this was something new and strange to them both. I opened the hood after he read on the side that it was a Coronet 440 and also 5.7, OK. Then the trunk was opened and now two people on these electric bikes came by and stopped. The questions were flying and I was glad to see them all so excited to see this old car and act like it was the first and last time they would ever see this old dinosaur. Now, it was me wishing I had a picture of them. He shook my hand several times, thanking me and said it made his day. The truth is, they made my day. I think it's partly the car, but I also think it's about a time, they weren't born yet when Cora was and the wondering what it was like back then, a time machine, so to speak. Back then, now I really feel old!! Great people and now, new friends. He'll come by my house, I'm sure. That's what these cars are all about and I didn't go to the car show, which they all ask me if I was going too. We all had a show, right there in the middle of the street!!!

Cora is NOT a "cookie cutter" car like today for sure, so that's all they know. A "tool" to get somewhere, unlike when cars were a reflection of the driver and had a personality. YES A/C, it gets bloody hot & humid in MO!!:lol: We aren't young chickens any more, our bodies feel it. I do tend to open windows & sunroof & "use my right foot" as fan speed control though, even out there to get accustom to the weather for visit with grandkids in KC,KS.
Great story, glad you had a good drive & "show"!!

Cora is NOT a "cookie cutter" car like today for sure, so that's all they know. A "tool" to get somewhere, unlike when cars were a reflection of the driver and had a personality. YES A/C, it gets bloody hot & humid in MO!!:lol: We aren't young chickens any more, our bodies feel it. I do tend to open windows & sunroof & "use my right foot" as fan speed control though, even out there to get accustom to the weather for visit with grandkids in KC,KS.
Great story, glad you had a good drive & "show"!!
Your trip to visit the grandkids is going to get a little bit better after they add one more lane from one end of the state to the other here shortly. They should have it done before your grandkids retire...... LOL.
I enjoy watching people have a good time. I think owning a car like ours is an opportunity to share. Something not everyone can build and if you can't build one, most can't afford buying. It can be a double edge sword. Humid is not the word for it sometimes. The older I get, the more creature comforts I enjoy.

Auto Transport Service
Back