• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

I-70, I'll believe it when I see it!! :lol:

Does our blood get thicker as we age causing intolerance to heat & humidity? Hate cold & heat with humidity, getting soft as I age I guess. Hence creature comforts.

Does our blood get thicker as we age causing intolerance to heat & humidity? Hate cold & heat with humidity, getting soft as I age I guess. Hence creature comforts.
Missouri has over 4 billion laying around and is getting ready to start, I-70 is the plan.
No, blood gets thinner, wallet gets thicker as we age!! :thumbsup:

I got my driver's license in 1975 and my first car was a 1969 (318) Charger. I think that we can all agree that pretty much all cars from 1974 to the early 80's were awful pieces of crap, so my 1960's cars were also daily drivers until 1984 when I bought a new Dodge Daytona Turbo. That car was a fun and nice handling car to drive, so much so that I drove it cross country and back that year. By then, performance was stating to make a comeback, ergonomics was now factored into a car's design, and what was once optional equipment became standard (power windows, a/c, decent stereo system, etc). With all of today's creature comforts, newer cars have simply spoiled us.

Last edited:
You're right, the other day I made a comment about them notifying me about my tire pressure. One of the reasons it bothered me was the car already tells me everything I need to know and then some without them intruding on my privacy. One of the reasons I bought my Durango was the AWD feature. I have always had at least one vehicle that was 4x4. With this setup, it gets used far more than 4x4. It kicks in and out as needed without my input.

Frankenmuth Autofest this past weekend.

DSCN0768.JPG

Went to a
20230916_200259.jpg
local cruise night, then took the wife out to dinner

I took my '67 R/T out yesterday to a show at a local airport. A Harvard restoration group is based at this airport and was selling rides on restored Harvards at $225.00 per flight. They had 3 or 4 planes going all day. Nicer restored old airplanes were in and out all day. It was a beautiful day with a record 500 cars in attendance. I met up with a local free lance photographer that takes pictures of Canadian cars for various magazines. He did a photo shoot of my R/T for Chrysler Power Magazine. It was very interesting to watch.

P7030087.JPG

I took my '67 R/T out yesterday to a show at a local airport. A Harvard restoration group is based at this airport and was selling rides on restored Harvards at $225.00 per flight. They had 3 or 4 planes going all day. Nicer restored old airplanes were in and out all day. It was a beautiful day with a record 500 cars in attendance. I met up with a local free lance photographer that takes pictures of Canadian cars for various magazines. He did a photo shoot of my R/T for Chrysler Power Magazine. It was very interesting to watch.

View attachment 1526446
Now that pretty cool!!!!! Great day for a lot of people, you're lucky!! You do have a fine car there, I'd be proud, very proud! Thanks for sharing!

I love reading people complain about how b bodies drive, have these people even driven one? My car isn’t anything special, bilstien shocks and solid tie rod ends, steer and gear stage 2 steering box in the front. +2” leafs and air shocks in the back. I was cruising at 80-90, then coming into town there’s a nice up hil, down hill, left, right sweep, I was rolling through that closer to 100. Then I was bombing side streets. All of this is effortless and smooth, one handed driving. That’s why it’s always a great time when I’m out in the car. It doesn’t matter if I’m gently cruising, or tearing up the streets, it’s soo smooth and effortless

0AC5351A-3A28-4608-87F5-F79212BD71BC.jpeg

06EC7A91-7900-4E62-870F-6896C2F1BE90.jpeg

A nearby Kiwanis Club Cruise Show, with my Glass Guys, and their Beautiful Satellite ! We both took Top 12's, out of about 400 entries !!!
0917231011.jpg
0917231012.jpg
0914231730.jpg
0917231017_Burst01.jpg
0917231037.jpg
0917231052.jpg
0917231150.jpg
0917231150a.jpg

I love reading people complain about how b bodies drive, have these people even driven one? My car isn’t anything special, bilstien shocks and solid tie rod ends, steer and gear stage 2 steering box in the front. +2” leafs and air shocks in the back. I was cruising at 80-90, then coming into town there’s a nice up hil, down hill, left, right sweep, I was rolling through that closer to 100. Then I was bombing side streets. All of this is effortless and smooth, one handed driving. That’s why it’s always a great time when I’m out in the car. It doesn’t matter if I’m gently cruising, or tearing up the streets, it’s soo smooth and effortless

View attachment 1526472

View attachment 1526473
I think most of them buy these 50+ year old cars, and drive them and think they drive terrible. If they would just rebuild the front suspension, add a sway bar if it doesn't have, good shocks, good steering box. They would realize these cars drive pretty nice

Auto Transport Service
Back