• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Sorry, it’s been in the family since new, and it’ll stay in the family as long as I’m around, and hopefully after that :rofl:

Geez, you could let me down a little more gently, eh? Ouch! I've been wanting one ever since 1978. My Dad who was a salesman at the local C-P-D dealer then, brought one home as a demo. As soon as I walked out the front door to drool on the truck, Dad said "No way in Hell are you driving or buying this truck!". Talk about stomping on my pecker!

Geez, you could let me down a little more gently, eh? Ouch! I've been wanting one ever since 1978. My Dad who was a salesman at the local C-P-D dealer then, brought one home as a demo. As soon as I walked out the front door to drool on the truck, Dad said "No way in Hell are you driving or buying this truck!". Talk about stomping on my pecker!
Sometimes it’s better to rip the bandaid. My uncle that had it before me thought he was going to sell it. He had it since 2001, he never drove it until his daughter wanted to take it to prom. It took a lot of work to get it into my hands

Went to a local cruise the other night, it is only 5 minutes away, but I seldom have time after work.

IMG_20230829_184235803_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230829_184322274_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230829_184448086_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230829_184528424_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230829_184554285_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230829_184607647_HDR.jpg

Today was the 53rd anniversary of my test drive in the Demonstrator, the day that set off my love affair with GTXs. Drove back to the dealership, and re-lived my past for a bit. I still can't believe the car returned home after all these years.

GTX front.jpg

Today was the 53rd anniversary of my test drive in the Demonstrator, the day that set off my love affair with GTXs. Drove back to the dealership, and re-lived my past for a bit. I still can't believe the car returned home after all these years.

View attachment 1519923
Now, that's way too cool!!!! Looks so nice! Thanks for sharing!!

View attachment 1519923

That's pretty cool.

I'm 95% sure my Satellite was bought new in St Pete.
I should probably do some detective work and then take a trip with it, just to see.

That's pretty cool.

I'm 95% sure my Satellite was bought new in St Pete.
I should probably do some detective work and then take a trip with it, just to see.
I know a guy that buys this car and has it brought in from California. Then we find out it was ordered and bought from a dealer not 10 miles from us. It turns out my brother bought two new mopars from there also. 1970 Dart Swinger and a 1972 satellite Sebring plus. Small world!
20220910_164427.jpg

As my dad would say "...that road says " go ahead, blow out the engine carbon build-up"..." NICE!!
My dad did the same thing, blow the carbon out. He loved it!!! 1967 Dodge Dart GT.

We went to granddaughter's birthday parties yesterday with our 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 3.6 V6. Filled it up and went on 175 mile (280 km.) round trip. When we got home, mileage computer read 7.9 l./100 km. I have never seen it read that low before. That is about 36 miles per Canadian gallon (28 miles per U.S. gallon). Jeep used 1/4 tank of fuel. Figuring 20 gallon tank, 1/4 is 5 gallons. 175 miles divided by 5 gallons equals 35 mpg, so computer is very close. With the cost of gas, it is getting harder to take my 15 mpg. R/T on long trips. However, my two neighbours and I are taking our oldies out for a drive along the North shore of Lake Erie to scenic Port Dover and back today. About 125 miles round trip. Half a tank of gas for my R/T.

Last edited:
Wife and I went for ice cream last night. Finally got the new radiator and the cooling system sorted out. 97 degrees outside 190 at highway speeds 205 cruising in town. That is with the A/C on. 185 and 195 with the A/C off.
By the way the ice cream was delicious!!

@Dave6T4, perspective dear sir; ALL RESPECT GIVEN TO YOU SIR: 1st car was 72 Pinto, got MAYBE 12 mpg, making $4-5/hr part time (HS, pumping gas) so HIGH % of income to gallon: My 15 Challenger SXT with HEMI EZC & TREMIC gets 21-22 mpg mixed driving, 28 mpg highway in KS & OK (plead 5th with cruise setting :lol:) & income over 75k yr US, so lower % income per gallon EVEN at $3.60/ gallon. At 6'4", 260 lbs, I fit in Challenger.
SMILES PER MILE GENTS!!

Yes you saw lower prices in 60s & 70s, but your income was lower too and cars got MAYBE 10-15 mpg (don't do km & liters, but with time could figure it out.)

The 401 & QEW is NUTS!!! CRAZY!! More of a parking lot, jeeze!! But will do it again, HOCKEY HOF!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back