• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where did you and your car go today

Had to go out, it was a beautiful day!!
20231113_142651.jpg
20231113_135008.jpg

Last edited:
Nice day here too ! Took the RT/SE out for a spin, top off the tank, and put her to bed for the winter. The '63 is up tomorrow !!!
1115231300_HDR.jpg
17000879403711213986725720772954.jpg

I want that ramp truck..
Actually the area was once a train car foundry, it goes way back. It's been broken up and the many buildings are rented out to who knows who. I do know that there are cars shipped out of there on a regular basis. They come in and out of there on car haulers or roll backs. I followed him there because I liked it too. Somewhere on this thread there are pictures of the many classic cars I posted from there.

Last edited:
Actually the area was once a train car foundry, it goes way back. It's been broken up and the many buildings are rented out to who knows who. I do know that there are cars shipped out of there on a regular basis. They come in and out of there on car haulers or roll backs. I followed him there because I liked it too. Somewhere on this thread there are pictures of the many classic cars I posted from there.

That IS a cool building.

I would SO build a house/shop in there.

I want that ramp truck..

The place that painted my car also buys and sells classic cars and trucks (actually their primary business).

The past 2 out of 3 times I was by there, they had a 41-46 chevy ramp truck and a 39-47 Dodge ramp truck.

Sure would have liked to get a closer look at the Dodge and maybe get an "as-is" price.

Last time both were moved and couldn't see them and it kinda looked like they might be getting in more late model wreck stuff.

That IS a cool building.

I would SO build a house/shop in there.
The place is a blast from the past, buildings with painted numbers on them and the fact that endless numbers of rail cars of all kinds were built there. My father in law worked there in the 40's. I had a sales book, hard backed catalog with all the different types of cars in it. They built private car for the super rich also. American Car and Foundry Company - Wikipedia

Cool.

I am familiar with AC&F.

One of the 2 or 3 largest for decades.

Cool.

I am familiar with AC&F.

One of the 2 or 3 largest for decades.
Next time I go out, I'll go by and take some pictures of the place. This one is just inside by the main gate, what use to be by the guard shack.
20190322_145428.jpg

A few inside
20190322_155419.jpg

20220703_095617 (2).jpg

Took out the '63 today for a few pics I've been meaning to get, and a "Good Night" ride, topped the tank off, and "off to bed"...
1116231448.jpg
1116231541.jpg
1116231720.jpg
1116231738.jpg

I'm a little late to the party, as this was last Wednesday. I needed to get the Magnum tucked away for winter, and have been too busy. I was going to be tied up with MCACN Thursday through Sunday, and weather outlook for this week looked sketchy. So after I got home after work last Wednesday and the weather was dry and in the 50s, I fired up the car, warmed it up, changed the oil in my driveway using a portable light so I could see, then put Stabil in the tank and took it out for 20 minutes or so to circulate the stabilizer and top off. Stopped at a strip mall up the road from me for a quick holiday spirit picture, then into the garage to hibernate until April or May. Winter, ugh.

20231115_192329.jpg

20231115_192955.jpg

I'm a little late to the party, as this was last Wednesday. I needed to get the Magnum tucked away for winter, and have been too busy. I was going to be tied up with MCACN Thursday through Sunday, and weather outlook for this week looked sketchy. So after I got home after work last Wednesday and the weather was dry and in the 50s, I fired up the car, warmed it up, changed the oil in my driveway using a portable light so I could see, then put Stabil in the tank and took it out for 20 minutes or so to circulate the stabilizer and top off. Stopped at a strip mall up the road from me for a quick holiday spirit picture, then into the garage to hibernate until April or May. Winter, ugh.

View attachment 1561013

View attachment 1561016
I haven't seen a sweet Magnum in awhile!! A very nice combination in colors!! This thread was made for us to show off what you brought and yes, you did good!! Thanks for sharing.

Went and took some pictures of the old car foundry. The place sits on the riverfront and runs about a quarter mile in line with old main street. Main street was the first settlement for what would become the first state capital of Missouri and President James Monroe signed a proclamation on August 10, 1821 for Missouri to become the 24th state, it remained the seat of government until 1826, then moved to Jefferson city. It was the starting point of Lewis and Clark's expedition west. I've posted a lot of pictures of main street and at one point in the 60's and 70's it went to hell and people avoided it as the city grew up on higher ground and main street was left behind and was taken over by the bums and whore houses and became an eye sore. As far as property today, it's short of a gold mine and investing in it over the years filled many people's pockets and still does, those of us that may not have seen it coming, but could feel it, are happier for it today, everyone loves history!
20231123_141639.jpg

The first state capital on main street as it looks today. You can see the river through the gangway.
capitol_11272013_alr-1401.jpg
first-missouri-state-capitol-state-historic-site-st-charles-1-768x576.jpg

The car foundry as it sits today. My Father-in-law worked there in the forties and I had every check stub he ever made from there. Many famous people and companies had train cars built here and shipped worldwide. Today many companies have moved into each and every building and a new future is being started though the use of a truly fun site to wander around in. If you listen real hard, you can almost hear the thousands of voices that once worked here many, many years ago.
20231123_134842.jpg
20231123_134808.jpg

20231123_134932.jpg
20231123_134858.jpg

20231123_134946.jpg
20231123_134828.jpg
20231123_135020 (1).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back