• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

And have my house, garage, cars and tools blow away in a tornado? No thanks.
As I've written about a few times, the part of the state I specifically located in doesn't get twisters - ever.
It's a geography thing....
At best, the rare tornado that gets anywhere near here follows the valley the interstate (81) is in, which is an
hour away (and more importantly, several ridges south of here).

Got ya covered, snow dog. :thumbsup:

Found ya home KD......
1715295580336.png
1715295609604.png

1715295669512.png
1715295692695.png

People from other states sometimes make assumptions based on what they hear.
I hear them all the time about this state. The fact is, headlines will lead people to believe that there are homeless camps everywhere, that fires and mudslides kill thousands, that gas is $12.00 a gallon, that half the state is poised to break off and sink into the Pacific from earthquakes.
Sure, there are pockets of each of those things but it isn’t everywhere.
It is 84 degrees and clear here today. Grass is green, there are no homeless within 10 miles, nothing is on fire but the bar b que (inside) and while it isn’t cheap to live here, it isn’t horrible.
Twisters are rare but hurricanes happen to Florida and the south east coast far more than the tornadoes show up, right?
I don’t know much about Tennessee except it is beautiful and cheaper than here. The people were friendly and the roads were great.

Wow. That is below our price limit. Where is it ?
Gaylord Michigan. You will need a snow blower for the winter months.:drinks: I had to show it even though I know you would not move here. It can be frustrating in the winter months knowing our cars here are in storage for about 5 months.

It is beautiful but … oh boy, I would not fare well in the snow.
I lose motivation when it is cloudy. If I lived in snow I’d gain weight and sit for months.

As I've written about a few times, the part of the state I specifically located in doesn't get twisters - ever.
It's a geography thing....
At best, the rare tornado that gets anywhere near here follows the valley the interstate (81) is in, which is an
hour away (and more importantly, several ridges south of here).

Got ya covered, snow dog. :thumbsup:
I've been to Gatlinburg many times. Did Christmas three times and three in the summer. I would take my whole extended family and rent a huge house for all of us in the mountains. The last time we went was right after the outskirts of Gatlinburg burned. No tornados, but it looked like scorched earth. Almost canceled, but they needed the business bad and I loved the area.

I've been to Gatlinburg many times. Did Christmas three times and three in the summer. I would take my whole extended family and rent a huge house for all of us in the mountains. The last time we went was right after the outskirts of Gatlinburg burned. No tornados, but it looked like scorched earth. Almost canceled, but they needed the business bad and I loved the area.
Those were some scary times; the entire region was in a prolonged drought due to the El-something or other
weather pattern off the west coast. The forest around Gatlinburg went up like kindling, fires driven by 60mph
winds. Some folks didn't even have time to throw anything in a car and run, it came so fast.

The story that came out originally was it was started by couple teenagers up in the woods; I think that was
disspelled later? That said, most wildfires are started by humans, followed by lightning strikes statistically
speaking.
I spent the next few days down there, trying to put fire protection systems back together - and was proud of
the ones I looked after having actually activated and helped when fire got to them.

Auto Transport Service
Back