• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals 2024 Tent Activities

Looks good to me! My wipers work and I have AC. See you there!

that storm is gonna pick up speed and take all the crappy weather with it :D

that storm is gonna pick up speed and take all the crappy weather with it :D
I hope. I like your attitude for the weather at Carlisle. It seems you are a glass is 1/2 full of rain type of guy!!:D

On another note I have been there where guys spots were 1ft high of water with parts floating away..

On another note I have been there where guys spots were 1ft high of water with parts floating away..
Yup! Not interested in wading around a poor vendor turnout. Seems to me when the forecast is poor that more vendors aren’t bothering to show up at all.

"scattered storms" and a 50% chance of rain is about normal for most days in july.......the show must go on!

"scattered storms" and a 50% chance of rain is about normal for most days in july.......the show must go on!
Yep last 4 days they called for scattered storms here and NOTHING. We need it though.

Typical Carlisle weather. At least it’s not going to be in the 100.

IMG_2959.jpeg

I've been training for Carlisle. That's right boys - training for the brutal conditions on the fairgrounds.
Here in Pittsburgh, we've been experiencing the "heat wave" throughout the U.S. in recent weeks.
I was outside in 95 F in my shorts, T shirt, shoes, apron, eye protection, mask, and ballcap, in direct sun, cleaning parts on the wire wheel/bench grinder. I was sweating profusely, pounding Diet Cokes, and wiping sweat.

I am Carlisle ready. :thumbsup:

I have a brand new 20v DeWalt fan that I can bring over during the lunch. It moves air pretty nicely.
So if a few others bring just their 20V Dewalt battery packs, we can move a lot of hot air is what you are saying? :thumbsup:

I don't know how "official" they will be, but we will have name tags. Meaning if they have anything pre-printed on them regarding the event with a year, they become swag and a collector item, with few downsides other than cost

I am not aware of anyone offering misting/ cooling fans. I agree this would ne nice, but there are only so many things I can arrange. I understand, and why we delegate/volunteer

No, there is no power source. While generators can be used in some cases, they are frowned upon due to the extra noise. The power issue is the big hurdle, but it is solvable.
Can you PM me the tent vendor contact info and I'll reach out to them and see what options might be possible and get back to you?

We all need a shower every now and then and the cars aren't made out of cardboard for christ sakes, so come one, come all no matter the forecast predictions. Most of the times, the showers end in minutes and the sun comes back out to shake and bake everyone.
Should be a fun time.

TRAINING TOO!!
Sitting on deck, DIRECT SUN on me, transfered pieces from 1407 carb to 1906 carb, drinking ICE water, in jeans & black t-shirt AFTER changing hub/speed sensor on mom's caddy; NO A/C turned on in car, just windows & sunroof open.
My 19th consecutive year, VACATION TIME TAKEN, I'M GOING (baring any issues with my elderly mother).
IN MEMORY OF MY POP & LATE BROTHER-IN-LAW!!

I might be there for the swaps, but prob not showing. Have to work Friday and Saturday nights, so I'd have to leave too early in the day to make it worth showing.

Besides - I need an excuse to have the ram 2500 up there if I find big parts I "need" - like a good rebuilt 727 for the satellite, or an A413 for the turbo van....or a trunk pan for the charger....or fenders for the ram....

Auto Transport Service
Back