• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals 2024 Tent Activities

Folks, I am a new member and I have my hotel booked. This is my first time out there.

Where is the best place to park my truck? Is parking easy or difficult?

Thanks
If it's a Mopar, you will want to register it for the show field, so you can park inside the fair grounds. Registration is at gate 3, administration building on your left. If non-Mopar, best parking spots are along Route 34, in the gate 3 area. If parking outside, spaces get scarce pretty quickly.

Is Redd's BBq a good place. My first trip to carlisle so looking for some good places to eat. Looking forward to some good pretzels too
My wife, daughter, her entire family, and my car buddies all love it. Pretty hard to please everybody in that crowd with one restaurant. Wife leans toward vegan, and she loves the portabella mushroom and chicken. My buddies love the brisket and chicken wings. Daughter and I are big fans of the Brunswick Stew. We started eating there on a regular basis when the kids were living in the area.

Folks, I am a new member and I have my hotel booked. This is my first time out there.

Where is the best place to park my truck? Is parking easy or difficult?

Thanks

If I don't have a car for the show field I like to park at the school right out side gate 1. Easy in and out access to the swap meet if you plan on shopping.

An update on potential Carlisle Friday dinner plans:

Adam, @68BabyBlue has suggested we order from Redd's Barbeque. The idea would be to bring it back to the FBBO tent. This way, we can possibly also bring back some food for Richard and his crew. It also allows us to hang out with folks who might be bringing their own food or prefer something different.

So those are the general plans so far. Regardless, if you are interested in doing something for dinner Friday night, come to the tent around 5:30 and we can discuss and make some final plans over a beer :drinks:
I will be there!

Hopefully the roads ahead are better than that of Indiana, East of Indy! Terrible to be honest

I'm leaving Greenville SC Thursday morning. Anyone in the Carolinas want to caravan (85 - 77 - 81)? I can't believe it has been 8 years since the last trip.

Hopefully the roads ahead are better than that of Indiana, East of Indy! Terrible to be honest

I drove through Indiana on Rt70 a few weeks ago towing a car trailer & the road was horrible. Rt70 in Illinois and Ohio were better.

has the annual pilgrimage begun?

1720599936113.png

This is the 1st year I am taking a car. Do most of you drive in and out daily, or leave your car at the Event Field? Is it true you can't drive a showcar in or out between 9 and 3 on event days?
Just looked at the fine print. Consistent with my personal experience at the Ford Nationals, they'll let you in after 9am, but they don't want you moving from your spot until 3pm. My friend Scott took his '64 Galaxy, we slept in and ate breakfast, got there at 10:30, staff directed us to our spot with no issues.

Last edited:
What do I need to attend the Lunch on Saturday? My FxBO username? or do you need an official RSVP?

What do I need to attend the Lunch on Saturday? My FxBO username? or do you need an official RSVP?
The key to the Honeycomb Hideout, you have to know the super double top-secret password, and you have to give the secret FXBO handshake to enter.

Well Then I'll Stop over at some point. I think I am bringing my Prowler up. Some of the Prowler people are defiantly not as cool as the b body folk

My first trip. I'll be the with Hemits and FMJ
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back