• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does Anyone Really Recycle Oil?

Pour it over over the brushpile and burn it in the spring with a spurt of diesel fuel. Work great on wet wood

With the "milder" winters that we have here in NC, my neighbor has purchased a "oil burning" heater that burns re-cycled oil to keep his shop warm in the winter months. I'm thinking of adding that to my list of items to add to my shop, when I ever get to build it - so I won't re-cycle it ( technically) - but it will be re-cycled into heat for the shop in the winter time. Wonder if my oil changes on my, and my daughter's vehicles will be enough to keep me in heat in the winter time ? ? ?

I give mine to a local shop that has a waste oil heater, but it is PA! He burns around 5 gallon a day.

Used oil for heat is a good use other than it requires more maintenance for the heater
so you need to learn how to look after it your self
A lot of used oil was used to fire portable asphalt plants but with the emission regs I have changed a lot of them to liquid propane as synthetic oil has different BTU's per gallon so it is hard to adjust correctly as every batch is different

The oil was recycled and reformulated which means it was cleaned and wear additives were added it was a flop i guess and they clearenced it . As for punctuation it was something i never learned in school and was never forced on me to do .

The oil was recycled and reformulated which means it was cleaned and wear additives were added it was a flop i guess and they clearenced it . As for punctuation it was something i never learned in school and was never forced on me to do .
don't sweat it , the spelling Nazi's give everyone a hard time :lol:

I don't I'm 52 years old now and has never been a problem with anybody .
Yeah, I get ragged on for typing in disjointed ketchisms
To quote Alfred E Newman..
"what me worry"

Millennials don't give a hoot about spelling, grammar, or syntax either.

I spray it on my fences and driveway(asphalt millings) . Not the tree hugger way, but my wood fence is 15 years old and not brittle. Key is to mix it with 25% gas so it soaks in quick. Use a pump up sprayer. Wonder whats in the stuff they sell at HD for fences?

I spray it on my fences and driveway(asphalt millings) . Not the tree hugger way, but my wood fence is 15 years old and not brittle. Key is to mix it with 25% gas so it soaks in quick. Use a pump up sprayer. Wonder whats in the stuff they sell at HD for fences?
What's the 'tree' hugger' way?
TH w/ a gun......lol

Auto Transport Service
Back