• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress report, Junkyard Dog

I feel and know your pain Matt. If my car wasn't so close I'd never get to spend theose 2-3 hours at night on it after a long day at work. Just keep at it dude!

i know what you mean about not getting enuf time to work on your car.getting home once a month in my case SUCKS, but i do try and do something once in awhile.just keep at it matt.

I may just get back to it this week, forecast is quite rainy and most of my current work is outside. Of course now that I've said that something is going to come up. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Hey Matt, I know the story all too well!! My orange RR project is moving so slow that if I drag this out much longer I will have to start all over.

Keep at it Matt . You know it will be worth it in long run. Cant be any slower that my project. Although Ive got a friend living in my Garage apartment whos really pushing me lately, H'es a car guy and we are making some good progress.

I dont know what to say. I am amazed at the great work you are doing and it is inspiring to me. I just got my first car, and I will be following yours and all the other builds because mine has just a "little" rust on it to. Before seeing all that is done I would probably have done half the work and been half as satisfied. cant wait to see progress.:hello2:

Hey Picasso......you still too busy, to be giving the ol' Dog some love?

Happy Holidays brother....Hope all is well

Last edited:
That's Mister Picasso to you my freind!! I still haven't got any time but I think the guys over at B & B are going to start on it shortly and take it from here. It's been long enough and I would really like to have it painted so I can start reassembly towards the end of winter.

Here be one looking forward to the reassembly Matt, I watch in the wings.. Good luck getting to that point.. Ill take this time to truly wish all you guys a Merry CHRISTMAS! Keep safe all..

hope you get the dog back soon matt,it will be nice to see you put it back together.

Hey Matt, just thought I would dust off your thread a little bit and just inquire if you or the shop have had any movement on The Dog lately? Miss seeing your work man......Think we're all starting to have Dog withdrawls.

Thanks Prop, I'm going to try and make it down there this week to check things out. Talked to Randy last week and he said they were gearing up to finish getting it ready for paint. There collision buisness is kind of slow this winter do to the lack of any accident causing percipitation. I did take the last of my front suspension and rear brake parts that aren't being replaced with new to the media blaster along with the exhaust manifolds. Hope to drop off my engine next week and I have decided to use the pair of 915s I got from Sgt Paul. They will need some bigger valves and some port work. Found the 047 radiator I have been looking for at a swap meet last weekend and will drop that off at the radiator shop for clean and pressure test. I am moving forward and should have "DOG" in paint by spring.

Auto Transport Service
Back