• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restomod charger pics

Bud, that interior has class written all over it, Love the numbers very nice! Good luck on the vent windows, i am going to email a friend close by hear that just is in the finishing of his 69 Charger, maybe he might have something, ill let you know!

Thanks allot guys, I've got another question. It doesn't look like the vent window frames are going to clean up so where does one find these in great condition.

Have you tried Moparparts or moparmarks yet?

"Yeap" waiting on a PM. I just didn't know if anyone offered them new or not.

Thanks allot guys, I've got another question. It doesn't look like the vent window frames are going to clean up so where does one find these in great condition.

Yeah even if they are good enough to save, they are $400. a pop to re-chrome and then you have to wait on your parts for at least 4-6 weeks.

I'm waiting to hear from moparmarks right now, met him at the Nats "real nice guy". If no luck there then I'll check into having them re chromed but to disassemble them you have to drill out the riveted pot metal leaving you with the problem of how to put them back together "they're not rivets but the pot metal itself is smashed over"?????????????

Forgive my ignorance and/or curiosity but what does the 747 stand for? Aircraft? Transmission?

Forgive my ignorance and/or curiosity but what does the 747 stand for? Aircraft? Transmission?
No apologies needed, I think it was briefly explained somewhere in this thread but most probably don't know. I used to race motorcross for years (1992-2010), I started off #7 but after repeatedly having to change my # because someone already had it I changed it to 747. 747 seemed fitting because I loved big jumps and going as fast as possible "Boeing 747" and it had my original #7. Of coarse as a racer you are most commonly Known by your number so it kinda became my second name. My racing was a huge part of my life and definitely the most fun "except the kids of coarse" so there you have it.

Cool, Thanks.. I used to race bikes also. In fact I invented freestyle jumping, but I didn't mean to. hehe..

Not me just an example.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    11.8 KB · Views: 294
"Yeah" I did a Nak Nak once and landed still doing it "ouch". I stuck with the Whip and used to be able to get it pretty flat but speed was what I really liked. What did you ride and what kind of racing did you do? I mostly rode KX 250's and had a YZF450 as well but really like the old two strokes. I'll go ahead and share my biggest embarrassment "I got beat by Vanilla Ice", we were racing amateur day at the Steel City Nationals and after the race I went up to check the finish order and Chris Van Winkle (Vanilla Ice) was one place in front of me:shruggy:. I sure miss it, loading up with the guys and headed out on the road full of adrenaline only to show up at a track and have to get all the jumps down in a 15 minute practice "ahhhhhhh those were the days". Now it's the Charger "no air time I promise".

I did MX, flat-track, and most recently drag-bikes. I was just joking about the free-style, my standard mx joke, but I did do a lot of flying Ys back in the day, by accident. Don't know if you read where I mentioned my age but I'm 58. I went to Gary Baily's mx school in 1970 at the age of 15. I MXed and flat-tracked a Honda 100 that I had punched out to a 170, ran a fuel injector with methanol, ect., ect. Then an older friend bought a Yamaha 360 for me to race, still 15. Got in an mx race on ABC's Wide World of Sports. At 16-17 got sponsored by 4 different bike dealers in town. Later, had a "death machine" Yamaha SC500. Best mx bike I ever had was a 2nd gen YZ250 that I raced at 20 something. Last dirt bike I had was fun Can-Am 500 thumper. And a few years ago, for a few years, drag raced a stroker Sportster with the all Harley drags.

Cool, sounds like you had your fair share of fun too.

Man, you do some really beautiful woodwork! And the interior looks bad@***! Really like the seats/headrests and the accented stitching :icon_thumleft:

dang 747, i just had to pay 55 bucks for that ac duct you got for sale. i guess we should ask each other about parts we need . before we go to fleebay.

dang 747, i just had to pay 55 bucks for that ac duct you got for sale. i guess we should ask each other about parts we need . before we go to fleebay.
"Yeah" maybe we should. It was on Ebay last weak for $35.00 but didn't sell so I put it on here for a leaser amount. I think I'll try to selling everything hear, great guys that so far are very trustable and I don't have to deal with the Ebay waiting period to get my money errrr that ticks me off. I am in need of a door handle linkage rod at the moment and some rear window trim (lower three pieces). I have been throwing the things that I need on my thread just in case one of you have something "anyone have a Hemi haha".

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you do some really beautiful woodwork! And the interior looks bad@***! Really like the seats/headrests and the accented stitching :icon_thumleft:
Thanks Speedy, I kinda wish I would have had him put orange piping in them now. I saw a set of grey and black seats that he did with red piping and they looked awesome "oh well" this is the only car I've ever built that will actually have a nice interior anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

O.K. I need a vote. I was sitting in my car trying to visualize the door panels with the wood trim and can't decide on which route to go. The first plan was a trim strip right where the armrest goes but it doesn't come even close to matching the wood on the dash so I'm scratching that one. The next option is to do it like the 70 Charger, it is still in the armrest area but stops shy of the front and rear and isn't a rectangular shape so I don't think it would look mitch matched. The last option is to put no wood on the panels and instead make my own doors pulls out of the Maple. I'll be cutting the panels and he'll be stitching them up probably with the same pleating as the seats so I can do pretty much whatever I want. What do ya think.

bill440rt on dc.com also has LOTS of stuff,just looked & that is his name on here also.

bill440rt on dc.com also has LOTS of stuff,just looked & that is his name on here also.
I think I just bought some retainers off of him.

show some drawings or similar example pics 747. I can't imagine what you are talking about

Here you go Tallhair, sorry no coloring but you should get the idea. One is with the proposed wood panel (curly maple)down the center and the other without. The one without the wood panel I thought about making the armrest out of wood instead or just have him stitch up the armrest in leather with the double French seams and orange stitching. I plan on having him stitch them up to match the seat with the same pleating and all.DSCN8837.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's my small amount of progress for the day, both panels cut out and fitted "ready for upholstery". I ended up having to make a square punch for the retainer holes, keystock drilled out and then filed sharp "worked great". Also here is a pic of a 1970 Charger door panel, they offered the center in wood which is kinda what I was thinking but now I'm leaning towards no wood panel.DSCN8836.jpgDSCN8834.jpgthCAO29MKE.jpg

Cool idea, i think that curly maple would really be sharp but if you aren't happy, it wont do!

Auto Transport Service
Back