• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

user ID. How did you come up with it?

Bad draft off a C-130, went for a ride......The rest is history.

I thought that maybe it was from when you first came out of boot camp and the old salts would send you down to the maintenance hangar for 5 gallons of propwash, or a hundred yards of flight line, or............

I thought that maybe it was from when you first came out of boot camp and the old salts would send you down to the maintenance hangar for 5 gallons of propwash, or a hundred yards of flight line, or............

Hehehehehe....Definitely heard of those pranks, fortunately never fell for them. I did coax a greenhorn weapons guy to go grab the keys out of the jet. He was looking for longer than I could have ever hoped for. Good times..Good times!

Back when I was trucking and CB radios was first popular, The area where I live (Iowa) was called the "cornpatch" I have lived around here near all my life and love it ---except for Winter! My handle on another website is MOPAR TO YA and I always sign off with "MO" Very few Mopars around here, but I am mighty proud I have a couple of them...........................MO

Whoa! I knew some of these would be good stories and it gives me a good insight into the lives of you I share this lets fix up old cars insanity with.

Thanks for all the great replies.

Wesley

The color of my car, hence the name.

Mine is easy. All my Mopars through the years were bigblocks. If it had a SB,I remedied the "problem"quickly. LOL

Hehehehehe....Definitely heard of those pranks, fortunately never fell for them. I did coax a greenhorn weapons guy to go grab the keys out of the jet. He was looking for longer than I could have ever hoped for. Good times..Good times!

Fun times. The newbies at work used to get asked for stuff all the time. "Go up to the office and ask for your Christmas turkey". "Hand me a left-hand pipe wrench". Go to the tool room for a metric Crescent Wrench". "Go get a bucket of steam".

One time a fresh wet-behind-the-ears guy actually did walk into the office and asked for his turkey. The office girls took pity on him, said they were just out but come back after lunch. They went out and bought one for him. Everyone was stunned when he showed off his Christmas turkey...

Fun times. The newbies at work used to get asked for stuff all the time. "Go up to the office and ask for your Christmas turkey". "Hand me a left-hand pipe wrench". Go to the tool room for a metric Crescent Wrench". "Go get a bucket of steam".

One time a fresh wet-behind-the-ears guy actually did walk into the office and asked for his turkey. The office girls took pity on him, said they were just out but come back after lunch. They went out and bought one for him. Everyone was stunned when he showed off his Christmas turkey...

And that fresh wet-behind-the-ears guy was you wasn't it Photon ... God bless us every one :)

My dog a 15year 7month old chocolate lab "Lord Budnicks od U--" aka Buddy

WOW Budnicks - Had a yellow lab myself for 16 1/2 years ! ! Fantastic dogs - smart - and do they love to play fetch ! ! !

Here's to more years with your beloved puppy - he's got a great dad watching after him . . .

HYRDGOON (Hired Goon) came from working as a nightclub doorman (or bouncer) for many many years... when I worked in Toronto the ownership group had several clubs and whenever one of them would get particularly rough there were 4 of us that worked as sort of a roaming goon squad where we were more or less told to make an example out of anyone that gets too out of line so it settles down... after a while I knew when one of these calls would come in so I'd answer the phone "Hired Goons" When I "retired" from the nightclub scene the guys that worked for me got a HYRDGOON license plate made and that's what's on my RR.

Mine is because I want to do everything that people say can't be done.
"Can't run a predator on a street engine"
"Can't drive a tunnel ram on the street"
That sort of stuff.

I run a business repairing bumpers for dealerships so they do not have to replace bumpers on the vehicles they purchase to sell. I do not do rechroming I just take the dents out and straightened if it's warped. That's why I call myself the BumperMan

I bought a 67 coronet with a 340 in it. made my name 3 days after buying the car before I had a clue about Mopars. oh wait, I still dont. lol

Back in the 80's I went by a number of names on local bulletin boards with a dial up 300 baud modem. I was sixbarrel to start, then LiquidCrystal, then Photon. After the internet got popular, I found 'Photon' was taken on some boards, so added the 440 after it. Nobody else has used that name yet. :)

BB is my initials, and since I'm answering this, I'm here too, with the others - hence, BBishere2

I'm also known as Captain Obvious (or Oblivious, depending on the company i keep) SSP.jpg

Back in the 80's I went by a number of names on local bulletin boards with a dial up 300 baud modem. I was sixbarrel to start, then LiquidCrystal, then Photon. After the internet got popular, I found 'Photon' was taken on some boards, so added the 440 after it. Nobody else has used that name yet. :)

I was 3836bbl for awhile on a couple different sites... Now just Budnicks for my good ol'dog's namesake

Auto Transport Service
Back