• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

IMG_3473.jpeg
IMG_3472.jpeg
70932862140__7992BF6B-6D82-4DA3-BBD2-C026B11650E6.jpeg

Suncast shed at BJ. Floor display on sale.

Connected a downspout to a concrete drywell in my field.

20230624_132413.jpg

Also digging out for a paver installation.

20230621_124523.jpg

Planned to work on my car yesterday morning, but had to fix the washing machine. The shifter actuator crapped out so it would spin, but not agitate. Replaced the splutch, pulley and belt while I was in there, but had to revert back to the original parts. The replacement pieces wouldn't line up correctly so it wouldn't shift completely between agitate and spin and would grind the gears making a god-awful racket. Finally got it back together so the wife could work on Mt. Washmore.

Had a work-sponsored employee night at the local A ball stadium last night. We went, but it never stopped raining so game was called. Walked over to a local beer garden and had dinner with some co-workers instead.

Turned into a good day despite not going according to plan.

Turned into a good day despite not going according to plan.
Even a crappy day can turn out nice if you have a few beers with some friends. :thumbsup:

Started out this morning doing some cut-off and grinding on a Toyota part. :eek:
Then I answered the door to a couple of couriers......prototype template for my engine cover.....and some parts from Summit.

Without wanting to jinx things....packages from USA to NZ are getting to be almost like pre-plandemic levels & speeds. :lol:

Only ordered from Summit last Monday, and here we are at Monday the following week. I can live with that. :rolleyes:

:xscuseless:

20230626_112120.jpg
20230626_112129.jpg

1687898644072.jpeg

Prince street Pizza off Huston Street lower Manhattan NY. Spicy pepperoni. Will cost you $7.00 a slice.

Finishing up a miserable job! I wanted the floor spray foamed until I got a quote, decided to try something else instead. R30 Rockwool then 2" foamboard cut at a 10 degree angle so it fits tight but still lets me spray foam it in air tight. In theory, it should be as good.. maybe better than foam?
IMG_20230626_180711144_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230627_183057176_HDR.jpg

Cut up 5 yellow onions earlier. These and say 5 more ingredients are what's needed for Smothered Pork Chops. My wife got the recipe from "The Cajun Ninja" off of Youtube. This stuff is easy and my stomach isn't big enough to suck it all down.

IMG_3605.jpeg

Finishing up a miserable job! I wanted the floor spray foamed until I got a quote, decided to try something else instead. R30 Rockwool then 2" foamboard cut at a 10 degree angle so it fits tight but still lets me spray foam it in air tight. In theory, it should be as good.. maybe better than foam? View attachment 1485805View attachment 1485802
What was the cost difference between spray foam and the rockwool ?

When we built our house, the cost difference between spray foam insulation versus traditional insulation was about 2 1/2 times more. We went with traditional insulation.

I may be wrong, but From what I understand, rockwool is used for sound deadening.

Last edited:
When we built our home 10-11 years ago, I went with spray foam in the basement , including the floor due to radiant infloor heating. The expense was offset by some of the advantages (no additional vapour barrier required for one thing). The attached garage/shop is 26' x 48' with radiant infloor heat as well. I opted to save $1000 and go with 2" sm foam sheets under the floor. I regret that decision, the sm foam was near impossible to get laid level without voids. Spray foam would have been a better choice, even at the extra cost.

Rockwool is better at acoustics than fiberglass, it is also fire retardant as well if that is a consideration.

A
A lot! I think I spent about $1,000 on the Rockwool and 2" foamboard combined and they wanted $6,000 to spray it.

When we built our home 10-11 years ago, I went with spray foam in the basement , including the floor due to radiant infloor heating. The expense was offset by some of the advantages (no additional vapour barrier required for one thing). The attached garage/shop is 26' x 48' with radiant infloor heat as well. I opted to save $1000 and go with 2" sm foam sheets under the floor. I regret that decision, the sm foam was near impossible to get laid level without voids. Spray foam would have been a better choice, even at the extra cost.

Rockwool is better at acoustics than fiberglass, it is also fire retardant as well if that is a consideration.
I laid 2" foam under a radiant pad in my other garage and would do the same again if I had the choice. You say almost impossible, I say easily done. I compacted #56 gravel down then put a good bit of sand down, levelled the sand, compacted it then checked the level again. When it came time to lay the foamboard the prepped surface was probably more perfect than the concrete lol.

When we built our house, the cost difference between spray foam insulation versus traditional insulation was about 1 1/2 times more. We went with traditional insulation.

I may be wrong, but From what I understand, rockwool is used for sound deadening.
The cost difference is way bigger in my area. They make Rockwool for both insulation and sound deadening, I used it because it being a floor I was concerned fiberglass would eventually settle in the joist.. Rockwool is like a firm sponge.

Here's a spray job on the geodesic dome my brother and his wife are building off-grid on the southern flank of Mt. St. Helens. He has semi-retired and is living there full-time in the basement while they finish out the dome. Cost unknown.

20200615_123731.jpg

The dome:

DJI_0215.JPG

Here's a spray job on the geodesic dome my brother and his wife are building off-grid on the southern flank of Mt. St. Helens. He has semi-retired and is living there full-time in the basement while they finish out the dome. Cost unknown.

View attachment 1486066

The dome:

View attachment 1486068
Wow cost unknown huge money at least for a po boy like me. Like it! Location looks nice visited in the 90's but that crater ain't dead. Would homeowners insurance cover that. Don't mean to be a downer but that thing is only sleeping.

Wow cost unknown huge money at least for a po boy like me. Like it! Location looks nice visited in the 90's but that crater ain't dead. Would homeowners insurance cover that. Don't mean to be a downer but that thing is only sleeping.

So is the caldera under Yellowstone...we'll all die when that beast goes!

Auto Transport Service
Back