• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Watched Minnesota Twins clinch Baseball's Central Division. So now starts the 2nd season for 2023. Playoff run.

Good luck. And good job guys.

3b841fc0-59a3-11ee-9fef-e6908e59067f.webp.jpg

Went to a car show early today, got a nice spot, 1/2 hr later wife’s says, “uh hon, we’re being surrounded my Mustangs”
IMG_2449.jpeg

Got my Glastron back from the repair shop today. The new (1987) Merc 115 hp “tower of power” I recently hung on it now gets the boat going 55 mph at 5,500 rpm. That’s up 10 mph from the original (4-banger) 115 hp. I’m pleased.

View attachment 1528730

View attachment 1528731
55 ain't bad at all and I know from experience how fast it feels.....feels like 80 or better lol
Went to a car show early today, got a nice spot, 1/2 hr later wife’s says, “uh hon, we’re being surrounded my Mustangs”
View attachment 1529311
A smoky burnout might get rid of them :D

Back to mudding the walls and ceiling in a room I put on the back burner a wee while ago.

I hate plastering.....it ends up all over me and the trowels. :lol:

Church, Mexican for lunch, went for a walk with the wife, Contacted a guy south of here about a guitar, watched the last 50 laps of the Nascar Texas race. Hanging out here, FABO, and FCBO

20230924_123532.jpg

Church, Mexican for lunch, went for a walk with the wife, Contacted a guy south of here about a guitar, watched the last 50 laps of the Nascar Texas race. Hanging out here, FABO, and FCBO
I'm out in the shop doing a few things and have the race on but my old tube type TV's sound isn't working. Did that a couple of weeks ago and it popped on after a few minutes but now, nothing. Not sure if it's the DirectTV tuner or the TV.....guess I should disconnect the tuner and see if the 'snow' makes noise before hammering them. Dang it....it's only a 98 model....

Didn't have much going on today, so i sat down and opened up some shop lantern's, flashlights, Black & Decker cordless screwdrivers, to find out what type of rechargeable batters are in them, to get everything operational again.
Got lotsa items last month that were left behind when a neighbor 3 houses down from me, left.
The clean out, handy man, said take anything you wan't, or you will find it out on the street as trash pick.
Believe me, i made out well, with everything that i brought home.

Watched football all day, took a 2hr. nap. It was a rainy, windy, crappy day here with the remnants of Ophelia.

Last edited:
No photos, but spent the last couple of days undoing the sins of the original installation of my heating boiler and hot water tank. The bad installation contributed to the original boiler failing, which was covered by warranty fortunately. Unfortunately, the original incompetent HVAC contractor had to do the install, and I had to pay for the labour. You just cannot get good quality service anymore.
Then, Chinesium fittings, arrgg. I probably had to redo 50% of the threaded joints due to crappy fittings, and these were from a wholesaler, not home despot. What I found that works, and I will always use this going forward, is to substitute Loctite 518 gasket sealant for any pipe thread sealant you might use. Works every time. No more teflon tape, teflon pipe sealant, Master's Metallic etc. I have used them all.

Set a bath sink basin and started on the second.
Stupid me took home the wrenches after the first one, so had to improvise using a small C clamp as a wrench.

20230922_172631.jpg
20230923_120125.jpg
20230923_115112.jpg

Found one leg of the 2BR door frame had come loose from one side of the (get this) two drywall screws that was holding the 2x4 to the bottom of the metal stud wall.

Now have to cut the 2x4 and rip another down to fit in between the stud and secure with screws through the drywall into the ripped down 2x4, through the metal stud...

...so the door frame brace 2x4 won't move.

F me, what a PITA.

New tenants move in next Sunday.

Started harvesting, and had a very physical day after fighting a snot nose cold bug...but this came in the mail today. A lot of hard work but... :thumbsup:

IMG_20230925_182517.jpg

Last edited:
We went to the Bloomsburg Fair yesterday and enjoyed it in the rain. Went through all the exhibits, ate a bunch of food and drove back home in the rain.. Never saw a pumpkin so big it was 1621lbs.

IMG_4075.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpeg

OK, you gotta tell us what you got patented.
This particular Patent is for collecting chaff off a combine in almost any crop. But, it was designed for harvesting industrial hemp as a triple crop. Seed in the grain tank, fiber on the ground and flower(buds) in the wagon. We are a bit ahead of our time in a market that is harvesting by hand. The combine doesn't care what it's harvesting. First picture me up in Manitoba. The other two running in Illinois. Its been a lot of work.

Screenshot_20230926_081255_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20230926_081732_Photos.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back