• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Some of my day today, was further dis assembling, cleaning, painting, a pair of A Body, Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston calipers, that a member over on the A bodies site, sent to me that were the cores, for the rebuilt pair that i sold to him.
Sounds like you need to start a thread for each item you restore for someone else - especially the stuff you have sold. Make it look like you are restoring items for fun, and create a lot of interest with the pictures of the items, and a vague description.

For further guidance there is another guy already doing that - format has been set out already. :rolleyes:

For those with a weak stomach....turn a way now....

I broke my little toe on Tuesday night while simply walking through my garage wearing only socks. I normally wear my shoes all the time, but since I had plaster on the soles after doing some reno yesterday, I was dropping bits of plaster all over the place. Caught my toe on my Makita canvas tool carry bag, and all I heard was an almighty crack.
Broke the bone diagonally along the entire length. Apparently, I did a great job of it. An immovable object and a large body travelling at speed did it. :lol:

Wife drove me to the local A&E Clinic where we spent the following 3 hours in a queue that never seemed to shrink. Had a few X-Rays done, and eventually a local anaesthetic (which took 3 Nurses and my wife holding me down) and once that settled my foot down.....had the last two toes 'buddy-strapped'

Now I'm getting about with a Moon-sandal......makes me look like half a Camel Jockey. Ah well.....slowed me down at work also, since I cannot wear my work boots....or both shoes for now. At least I can still mess around on my truck at home. Looking at up to 6 weeks strapped up now.

:xscuseless:

When the incident occurred, the toe was sticking out at 90 degrees......it was pretty ugly until I pushed it back a bit. :eek:
20230926_202954.jpg
20230928_121812.jpg

Before treatment ....
1696023183260.png

After strapping.....
1696023155090.png

I broke my little toe on Tuesday night while simply walking through my garage wearing only socks. I normally wear my shoes all the time, but since I had plaster on the soles after doing some reno yesterday, I was dropping bits of plaster all over the place. Caught my toe on my Makita canvas tool carry bag, and all I heard was an almighty crack.
Broke the bone diagonally along the entire length. Apparently, I did a great job of it. An immovable object and a large body travelling at speed did it. :lol:

Wife drove me to the local A&E Clinic where we spent the following 3 hours in a queue that never seemed to shrink. Had a few X-Rays done, and eventually a local anaesthetic (which took 3 Nurses and my wife holding me down) and once that settled my foot down.....had the last two toes 'buddy-strapped'

Now I'm getting about with a Moon-sandal......makes me look like half a Camel Jockey. Ah well.....slowed me down at work also, since I cannot wear my work boots....or both shoes for now. At least I can still mess around on my truck at home. Looking at up to 6 weeks strapped up now.

When the incident occurred, the toe was sticking out at 90 degrees......it was pretty ugly until I pushed it back a bit. :eek:
View attachment 1532262View attachment 1532264

Before treatment ....
View attachment 1532266

After strapping.....
View attachment 1532265
Ouch...

hope you heal quickly, get better soon buddy...

Lots of interruptions today but we're up to 5 bush cords stacked and looks like 7 to go. Then into the bush to clean up countless cords from the tops of 300 trees that were harvested.
View attachment 1532255
I'll take 10 face cord if it's good mixed hardwood, beech, oak, hickory, hard maple, and you can deliver. We really don't need Any Ash, plenty of that to cut around here...

Before treatment ....
View attachment 1532266

After strapping.....
View attachment 1532265
Wuss, now quit lollygagging and get back to work!
Some guys will do anything to get out of work

Before treatment ....
View attachment 1532266

After strapping.....
View attachment 1532265
Is the tool bag alright? :lol:

Ordered up a nice 6’ tall vinyl fence to keep my A-hole neighbor off of my property here in NH. I don’t want to spend the money, but as the saying goes; fences make good neighbors. It’s too bad because I got along with the parents very well, but they are gone and now a daughter and her A-hole husband have it. The old man warned me years ago that his son-in-law was a jerk too. On a positive note, I saw this cool rocking chair made of composite plastic at the fence company and I’m ordering up a pair.

IMG_5530.jpeg

Finished the '08 Pontiac G-6 Hardtop Convertible re-hab for my Wife's FL Winter Getaway. Bought it used for a good price, 55k miles, No Winters, locally. Needed some work, as someone changed the front end to a GSX(?), after an accident. New hood, & nose, had No supports on it. Hunted down the needed parts, as GM no longer offers them. Found the Whole front end, in a small yard in the Finger Lakes. Assembled over the past few weeks, and finished it today, with the headlight polish, and odds & ends. She'll be driving it down next week, with her Twin, and it will remain there. Just waiting to "give her" the Bill !!!
0929231325_HDR.jpg
0929231338_HDR.jpg
16960292546885025732375797216885.jpg

Cooked dinner......beef cheeks and Mash.

20230930_193217.jpg

Five hour cooking time.

I'm always looking for good campgrounds, are there any waterfront sites in "Western Ny"?
mw
0823231534.jpg
0825231040a.jpg
, We hit Lake Erie, 4 Mile Creek, and Golden Hill State Parks this year in WNY. All are waterfront Parks, but you need to Reserve early, to get the prime sites. We also hit Long Point, and Keewayden up in 1000 Islands Region, Our favorite's...

The box trailer is slowly looking more roomy.....and got the 4 speed in the house through the front door....barely. The 8750 generator is now in what was the office (formal living and dining room) along with 3 mounted tires, the cribbage that the Belvederee was on, bicycle, pressure washer driveway broom and a few other things. May just roll the pressure washer in there too but been meaning to get a new carb on it but that hasn't happened yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back