• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

For those with a weak stomach....turn a way now....

I broke my little toe on Tuesday night while simply walking through my garage wearing only socks. I normally wear my shoes all the time, but since I had plaster on the soles after doing some reno yesterday, I was dropping bits of plaster all over the place. Caught my toe on my Makita canvas tool carry bag, and all I heard was an almighty crack.
Broke the bone diagonally along the entire length. Apparently, I did a great job of it. An immovable object and a large body travelling at speed did it. :lol:

Wife drove me to the local A&E Clinic where we spent the following 3 hours in a queue that never seemed to shrink. Had a few X-Rays done, and eventually a local anaesthetic (which took 3 Nurses and my wife holding me down) and once that settled my foot down.....had the last two toes 'buddy-strapped'

Now I'm getting about with a Moon-sandal......makes me look like half a Camel Jockey. Ah well.....slowed me down at work also, since I cannot wear my work boots....or both shoes for now. At least I can still mess around on my truck at home. Looking at up to 6 weeks strapped up now.

:xscuseless:

When the incident occurred, the toe was sticking out at 90 degrees......it was pretty ugly until I pushed it back a bit. :eek:
View attachment 1532262View attachment 1532264

Before treatment ....
View attachment 1532266

After strapping.....
View attachment 1532265
:thumbsup: nice job

just posted a bunch of stuff im selling on another site. messed around in the yard.... run off some city folks.

what is all that brown stuff on it??
That is the sauce/gravy - made up from the meat juices while cooking. Add a teaspoon of plum jam at the end.....the recipe contains only a few ingredients like thyme and red wine as well as a small amount of high quality dark chocolate. Tastes amazing.

8 bush cords upright.... looks like 4 more to go and then we can get back to work! Lol So great being married to a true Canadian girl. First generation at that, her Father and family came from Holland in '51.

20231001_130312.jpg

20231001_130354.jpg

20231001_154807.jpg

20231001_154824.jpg

Went for a couple of boat rides. Only a couple more weekend left before they lower the lake level for the winter.

IMG_5577.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

Spent the afternoon in the boat, almost time to pull the pin on another season!
IMG_4299.jpeg

Nice Work, to You & the Mrs. !!! Looks like it's all White Ash ? Did the Emerald Ash Boar decimate your Wood's also ?
Ya we kinda got screwed on that. Logger took our Red Oak and Maple and brought us processed Ash back as part of the deal. Not what I expected but it'll burn just fine. Borer is at work up here for sure, most Ash is dead. Still have the tops of 295 trees to clean up on my property and 325 on the Son's from about 8" diameter down.

Ya we kinda got screwed on that. Logger took our Red Oak and Maple and brought us processed Ash back as part of the deal. Not what I expected but it'll burn just fine. Borer is at work up here for sure, most Ash is dead. Still have the tops of 295 trees to clean up on my property and 325 on the Son's from about 8" diameter down.
The Ash loss was a shame. You're right, it'll burn fine, but No Match for Red Oak, or Hard Maple, if you're looking for coals to keep the heat on.

Working on a deal to save a long dormant 69 Charger. Went there to see it this morning, then came home and finished the siding on the addition. On with the mudding now.

CBEB1942-7AFB-4C54-A669-A6653BBFE37B.jpeg

515F6237-19C2-43FF-9417-CF9B2AE774C5.jpeg

That's a 68.

...or it has a 68 grille.

Went on a car cruise to the river.

20231001_083918.jpg

20231001_103623.jpg

20231001_112128.jpg

20231001_104734.jpg

Called out to repair a motor terminal block that an over-enthusiastic Engineering Apprentice had over-tightened.

Ended up buying a new block......Chinesium rubbish. Split studs are not designed to take much torque.

:xscuseless:
20231002_110835.jpg
20231002_124533.jpg
20231002_110835.jpg
20231002_124533.jpg
20231002_125405.jpg

One big stirrer. :D

That's not your usual slice of cake....better sell it to me. :lol:

Hope the deal works out for you. :thumbsup:
You’re right, not my cup of tea. I’m going to get it running, play with it a little and make sure it’s roadworthy, and probably find it a good home. If you’re serious, I would entertain getting together with you on it.

We just had a few dead ash trees cut down because of the borers too. And there’s a few more dead/dying ones on the neighbor’s property as well.

Sunday, I installed the old seat from my Spartan ZTR mower on my Ford 4000 Diesel tractor. Had a friend weld up the mounting plate to bolt the seat to, and I painted it up, and bolted the seat on the tractor. I now realized I have about two inches more elevation in my seating position, and the pedal reach is different....this might take a full run in the pasture to get used to! It sure looks nice! A big difference over the stock steel pan seat, for certain.

Finally got done with the rental house renovation.

Was supposed to be done Sunday at 10:00 but got pushed back to 12:00 then to 2:00 and then to 4:00.

...and just like last time, we were carting stuff out as they were carting stuff in.

No opportunity for "after" pics :(

At the last minute, I had to run to Lowes to get a new faucet for the hall bath.
Delta brand sprung a leak at the braze joint inside the faucet.
Looked like that particular braze didn't cover enough area.
Worked fine for 23 years but jostling around installing new basin was too much.

New one is also Delta brand, but not exactly the same.
They have cheapened the gauge of copper piping used, and changed the wrench fitting size from 3/4" to metric about 10mm, which I didn't have.
MUCH more difficult to install in cramped quarters.
THANKS, Delta!

Auto Transport Service
Back