• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the coolest toy you had as a kid?

SteveSS

Local time
7:50 AM
Reaction score
I had the Remco Submarine. I was really into subs as a kid. About 3rd.grade, Superballs came out. I thought they were awesome. About 2.5" in diameter. I remember they cost $1.

remco.jpg
superball.jpg

I had a couple of those SSP Superbirds, the Evil Kenevil RV with the motor cycle and the action figures,and the Smash up Derby game that the parts flew off the cars when they crashed together. I had lawn Darts too,now I use that term to describe my friend collection of inoperable A Bodies!

Last edited:
At first, Hot Wheels ... then AFX slot cars ruled the roost when they came along.

Hot wheels!!! Then the TTP motorcycles, Evil kenevil motorcycles (still have one new in box), Scream’n Demon motorcycles, slot cars, and erector sets.

I remember my Mattel Thompson and REMCO bazooka the most. Also a Mattel VROOOM.
We had Aurora slot cars...the 1st stuff they made. They had hop-up kits with sponge slicks and stuff.

1724158699569.png

1724158761554.png

1724158853700.png

1724159002711.png

Last edited:
I built a lot of models. One of the coolest was a 4 foot Saturn V rocket.

Probably the greatest for me was my first bicycle, a Columbia single speed, with 24” wheels, full fenders and a luggage rack.

At first, Hot Wheels ... then AFX slot cars ruled the roost when they came along.
Yup, the 1972 Aurora AFX Jacky Stewart Winner's Circle lighted race set. Then of course the 1977 Atari 2600 (six switcher), I still have the 2600.

AFX.jpg

05swvjW1eNFvD9nbbWBSrcz-11.fit_lim.size_1600x900.v1662812200.jpg

Last edited:
I had the Colleco video game with the two knobs. It had tennis,tank battle and hockey. It was the first video game sold.

Auto Transport Service
Back