• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carlisle Chrysler Nationals 2024 Tent Activities

The wife has checked for hotels rooms and even looking at 20 miles out of town it is $300 a night for something that seems on par with a Motel 6.
Really? 3 nights plus taxes and fees is around $1000, air fare will be about that, plus a rental car? I'm sure there are admission fees to the show too...
Hey, I love these cars but $2500 for three days is bullshit.
Why are the hotels this damn expensive anyway?
I'm used to the smaller show in Van Nuys CA... FREE admission to the show, $150 a night rooms in a decent hotel and gas money to drive my own car there. I expected other states to be cheaper than here.
Yeah, I understand that the Nationals and Carlisle are HUGE compared to the shows elsewhere but I'm trying to justify this expense and having a hard time doing so.
Chambersburg is about 30 miles away and still reasonably priced. Best Western is decent. Access to the event is good from that end of town as well and makes up for the extra distance.

I got some good and bad news. Unfortunately, the bad news is that I personally will not be in attendance at the show this year with me still needing a kidney transplant and being on dialysis. I hope and plan to be there next year in 2025 though. I don’t know if anyone has seen me post that information, but I posted it in a couple other Carlisle posts on here. But the good news is, that my stepdad Bob will be there this year with the copper ‘69 Charger in the stock class row R134. He’s staying at the hotel on the turnpike off the exit where the truck stop is, right next to the middlesex diner.

E1D9198B-2CD1-4DD9-AE27-D13EDC3156D9.jpeg

I'm a big fan of Cheech and Chongo
Tommy Chong just showed up at a local county blues festival here a few weeks ago.. A friend of mine I went to school with was ecstatic to have him take a picture with her…

they have been revising the temps down as we get closer; not looking too bad, considering

1720103465421.png

Grew up in Allentown. Weather only sucked 12 months a year. Rain as soon as the car is clean, insects, humidity, all normal.

Well, Carlisle 2024 is shaping up to be great! Here are the official FxBO tent activities, although we can certainly plan others if you have an idea (see me at spots E45 and E46 once you are at Carlisle, or contact me via PM prior to Wednesday).
  • Friday, July 12: (All day) There will be a cooler with water and/or soda (beer?) available from late morning through the end of the day. Come get a free drink and some shade if you need it!
  • Friday, July 12: 12:30 PM. There will be a lunch gathering for those who want to stop for lunch at the tent. Water and/or soda (beer?) will be available, but bring your own lunch and visit with some FxBO friends.
  • Friday July 12: 6:00 PM (?) Dinner for those staying nearby or on the grounds? This is not "official" yet, but if folks are interested, contact me. This will be a "bring your own" food, or several of us might order/ pickup some food.
  • Saturday, July 13: Noon: The big luncheon starts at noon and goes until we get tired of eating and drinking, and/or the food and drinks run out! This is free of charge and is brought to you by the generosity of many members who contribute things for all of us. Come join the fun!
A couple of notes please:
* If you are bringing any type of drink, please, NO GLASS BOTTLES! Carlisle fairgrounds wants cans and plastic only.
* Also, if you are contributing drinks please bring them cold and in a cooler if at all possible. Each year, cooler space has been at a premium.
* We have no idea how many will turn out for this, so food of your choice may be limited. I don't think anyone last year left hungry, but enjoy until it runs out!
* Chairs will likely be limited. I realize it is hard to bring a chair with you, but if you have one and it is close, it may not be a bad idea.
* Any FxBO member and their spouse/ family is welcome, but this is not an open luncheon to all. If you have someone interested but not a member, please encourage them to sign up for the FxBO site they are interested in.

Any questions or concerns, please PM me before Wednesday. After Wednesday evening, please come see me at spots E45 and E46.

Travel safely and see you all at Carlisle!

Hawk

Last edited:
Well, Carlisle 2024 is shaping up to be great! Here are the official FxBO tent activities, although we can certainly plan others if you have an idea (see me at spots E45 and E46 once you are at Carlisle, or contact me via PM prior to Wednesday).
  • Friday, July 12: (All day) There will be a cooler with water and/or soda (beer?) available from late morning through the end of the day. Come get a free drink and some shade if you need it!
  • Friday, July 12: 12:30 PM. There will be a lunch gathering for those who want to stop for lunch at the tent. Water and/or soda (beer?) will be available, but bring your own lunch and visit with some FxBO friends.
  • Friday July 12: 6:00 PM (?) Dinner for those staying nearby or on the grounds? This is not "official" yet, but if folks are interested, contact me. This will be a "bring your own" food, or several of us might order/ pickup some food.
  • Saturday, July 13: Noon: The big luncheon starts at noon and goes until we get tired of eating and drinking, and/or the food and drinks run out! This is free of charge and is brought to you by the generosity of many members who contribute things for all of us. Come join the fun!
A couple of notes please:
* If you are bringing any type of drink, please, NO GLASS BOTTLES! Carlisle fairgrounds wants cans and plastic only.
* Also, if you are contributing drinks please bring them cold and in a cooler if at all possible. Each year, cooler space has been at a premium.
* We have no idea how many will turn out for this, so food of your choice may be limited. I don't think anyone last year left hungry, but enjoy until it runs out!
* Chairs will likely be limited. I realize it is hard to bring a chair with you, but if you have one and it is close, it may not be a bad idea.
* Any FxBO member and their spouse/ family is welcome, but this is not an open luncheon to all. If you have someone interested but not a member, please encourage them to sign up for the FxBO site they are interested in.

Any questions or concerns, please PM me before Wednesday. After Wednesday evening, please come see me at spots E45 and E46.

Travel safely and see you all at Carlisle!

Hawk
Will there be an official sign in book at the tent for attendees? Seems like it might be a post-show promotion to post it here afterwards.
How about official name tags?
Seems like a mister/evaporative cooling fan would be the cats meow for those needing a little extra comfort. Is that something the Tent vendor has in their inventory? I am assuming here there is a 110V power source?

Will there be an official sign in book at the tent for attendees? Seems like it might be a post-show promotion to post it here afterwards.
A sign-in book would be a good idea....maybe leave a phone number if you go off wandering around. :thumbsup:

The wife has checked for hotels rooms and even looking at 20 miles out of town it is $300 a night for something that seems on par with a Motel 6.
Really? 3 nights plus taxes and fees is around $1000, air fare will be about that, plus a rental car? I'm sure there are admission fees to the show too...
Hey, I love these cars but $2500 for three days is bullshit.
Why are the hotels this damn expensive anyway?
I'm used to the smaller show in Van Nuys CA... FREE admission to the show, $150 a night rooms in a decent hotel and gas money to drive my own car there. I expected other states to be cheaper than here.
Yeah, I understand that the Nationals and Carlisle are HUGE compared to the shows elsewhere but I'm trying to justify this expense and having a hard time doing so.
10 miles from Harrisburg, 20 from Hersey Park & Gettysburg & Lancaster County (Amish Mafia). FYI: Motel 6 is NOT a good choice out here, more ATLANTIC CITY then Vegas, get my drift. $800 for 3 nights LaQuinta, nice place, considering. There ARE plenty of "TRUCKER" motels, area IS major trucking junction

@66ChargerHI-PO :
KEEP CHIN UP, GET WHAT YOU GOTTA DO & GET YOUR "ARSE" BACK TO CARLISLE!!! PRAYERS FOR YA!

(Brother missed many C@C due to his wife going through exactly what your going through!!!)

I was wondering if this thing was gonna make a right hand turn......... with any luck we just get a nice breeze and some cooler temps, but avoid the rain

1720276514915.png

If the forecast doesn’t improve there’ll be a room available. There’s no way I’m doing a seven hour drive to walk around in rain. Will go to the Nats for the first time since ‘96 !!!

Will there be an official sign in book at the tent for attendees?
Yes, we've done this for a few years, and will again this year.

How about official name tags?
I don't know how "official" they will be, but we will have name tags.

Seems like a mister/evaporative cooling fan would be the cats meow for those needing a little extra comfort. Is that something the Tent vendor has in their inventory?
I am not aware of anyone offering misting/ cooling fans. I agree this would ne nice, but there are only so many things I can arrange.

I am assuming here there is a 110V power source?
No, there is no power source. While generators can be used in some cases, they are frowned upon due to the extra noise.

I have a brand new 20v DeWalt fan that I can bring over during the lunch. It moves air pretty nicely.

@HawkRod, do you want any models for giveaway's. I have a few that I know I will never get to. To many regular car projects and my eyesight and patience isn't what is used to be. One is a 69 GTX, the other is a 67 Coronet. The 67 Coronet is still has the outer sealed plastic. The 69 GTX, the other plastic got ripped, but the inner plastic bags are sealed.

models.jpg

@HawkRod, do you want any models for giveaway's. I have a few that I know I will never get to. To many regular car projects and my eyesight and patience isn't what is used to be. One is a 69 GTX, the other is a 67 Coronet. The 67 Coronet is still has the outer sealed plastic. The 69 GTX, the other plastic got ripped, but the inner plastic bags are sealed.

View attachment 1690310
That would be much appreciated! We enjoy and accept all giveaways. I'm sure there is someone that would love to have each one.

If you can bring them to Carlisle and look me up, either at spots E45 & E46 before Saturday, or even bring them as late as noon on Saturday, that would be great.

THANK YOU for being part of what makes the tent such a great experience! :thumbsup: :drinks:

Sounds good,
I will Come see you before Saturday. I am hitting the road from Rhode Island 4:30 - 5 AM on Thursday morning. Hopefully early afternoon I will be in Carlisle. I am not sure what car I will be bringing yet, My 66 Belvedere has the factory A/C which is always a plus with the Carlisle heat. I also have a 68 Fury convertible, and number of friends or taking their "C" bodies down so I may bring that and park together. I will probably decide tomorrow and give the gave car a good go through before the trip whatever way I go.

So your saying there is a chance

Thursday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Saturday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Auto Transport Service
Back