• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Garage Squad on Motor Trend TV

Kern Dog

Life is full of turns. Build your car to handle.
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
I like the concept of the show. The crew of metal magicians roll in and help resurrect a stillborn project. In the end, the car/truck is running and mobile again.
There isn't the usual arguing and drama between the "actors".
There isn't the usual weirdo dude with stupid looking hair or a dorky looking beard, $20,000 worth of tattoos and piercings.
The woman is cute and perky. She actually seems to do work as well.
However....
Most of the people that own the cars appear like worthless wimps that couldn't check the oil without guidance.
I know we aren't all master mechanics but these cars are often stripped out and the owners look like they'd have trouble using a can opener. How did they let it get this far?
Is this a matter of the TV show making the owners look feeble?
I can understand if the owner was disabled or something but that hasn't been the case so far.
I have seen the owner in the background looking like a deer in the headlights in several episode.
I do like that they work on a variety of cars. Last week they had a rerun of the FK5 Orange Duster. That owner was an embarrassment to car guys for sure. He looked clueless.

The show is from 2014, I don't know if they have started filming again. Entertaining for sure and Heather is easy to look at.
EcVlyG7WAAAt44C.jpg

Watching now. But why do goofy **** like tape on the negative post to play a trick. WTH. Always has to be some bullshit.

I went to HS with Ronnie and his older brothers he was a couple of years behind me, the whole family are great people, and all are very talented when it comes to mechanical things. Ronnie he is and always has been a good guy.

Garage Squad
Overall not a bad show, better than many car shows
Joe is a diehard MoPar guy
Bruno is a drag racer (Chevy guy) & EFI guru,
he does a lot of brakes &/or wheel selections too
Ronnie gets a lot of the jobs Joe & Bruno don't want to do
or pawn it off on him, he's a real worker, good tech too
IMVHFO;
Heather was the best of the ladies, so far
she does/did everything asked, some really nasty stuff even
seems she's thrown into the interiors a lot,
gross/dirty/moldy cleanups, carpeting, insulation, seats, consoles etc.
I really liked her personality, she puts up with some ****
gave it right back too
Si the old bald with a white goatee'd dude, is the wiring guy almost always
use to help Heather a lot
org. there was a brunette, don't remember her name
then Heather/blonde, now Christy Lee, from All Girls Garage Org.
I like Christy, but liked Heather better in that show & settings
she really got in there & worked, always smiling & perky...

sometimes you can actually learn 'a little' too

mostly mindless car entertainment TV stuff

Heather Storm is no longer on the show, Christi Lee is on now!

I think there’s a lot of cars sitting stashed that people tore into and can’t get back together on their own. Thank goodness for them, I wouldn’t have any cars to play with. I think everything I bought would have made an episode of Garage Squad.

I think Lee is still on All Girls Garage.

I've always liked the show. The people are real with no BS. A lot of the "owners" were down on their luck for one reason or another or had many family obligations that got in their way to complete the project. Many are generous people who do a lot for others and never have something nice done for them. I haven't seen an episode where the owner wasn't deserving of the help.

There is one that's been showing lately, "Geared Up". Now there's an example of a show that should never have been done. They have no clue what they are doing, spend too much money for the project from the beginning. Their so called mechanics are pitiful. The other night the one had scratched a freshly painted fender. Had no protection on the fender to start with. Last night one was trying to weld with a mig and the switch was malfunctioning feeding wire all over the place. He didn't have the smarts to just turn the welder off and fix the switch. The wife looks like a real winner and she has her husband (the owner) wrapped around her finger. I can't really tell who is in charge. I hope they get bad ratings and take it off their lineup soon.

Since I've been off work, I've also seen "Texas Metal".
Oooof....That show ! It seems that every show I've seen is about some air suspension setup in a totally impractical truck or car.

Since I've been off work, I've also seen "Texas Metal".
Oooof....That show ! It seems that every show I've seen is about some air suspension setup in a totally impractical truck or car.
Yep, I watched season 1, DVR'd it & gave it a chance
it's not my style of builds, too much glitz & bling,
way too big hoops (wheels) over the top "huge" stereo crap
I know everything is bigger in Texas :bananadance:
but not all of it has to be...

they do some quality work & craftsmanship
just not what I like

Yeah, I may NOT seem like I have the right to state this but BIG wheels can certainly be TOO big!

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back