• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My turn today

The new quarter panel just came in. I'm told that it'll be another week & a half before i get it back, but we'll see.

IMG_20170531_113850997.jpg
IMG_20170531_113911472.jpg

My new rental is a Ram 1500 and overall, it's not a bad truck. I can honestly say that this rental truck is a hell of a lot more comfortable, in all aspects, compared to the previous buckboard F250 rental they gave me. The Ram has plenty of power & good fuel economy, but here's what I hate immensely; the gear shift knob. Not only is it just plain goofy, but the dial has decorative lines all around it (you can see them better in the reflection) & as I'm turning the knob, none of the lines correspond with what gear it's in. Yes, I know that what gear it's in lights up, but my eye always catches the line because my fingers are partially obstructing the indicator light until I take it away. Honestly, I would never consider buying one because of this one feature.

IMG_20170606_172325052.jpg
IMG_20170606_172319602.jpg

I have the same knob in our Durango and hate it, at least the truck has it on the dash instead of the console.
What was so wrong with the old column shifter?

There's been a lot of consumer complaints on those shifter.

I can't even imagine trying to plow with that.

Got the truck back a week ago today. The body shop did a very nice job. Supposedly, the new truck is to be delivered next week.

My new rental is a Ram 1500 and overall, it's not a bad truck. I can honestly say that this rental truck is a hell of a lot more comfortable, in all aspects, compared to the previous buckboard F250 rental they gave me. The Ram has plenty of power & good fuel economy, but here's what I hate immensely; the gear shift knob. Not only is it just plain goofy, but the dial has decorative lines all around it (you can see them better in the reflection) & as I'm turning the knob, none of the lines correspond with what gear it's in. Yes, I know that what gear it's in lights up, but my eye always catches the line because my fingers are partially obstructing the indicator light until I take it away. Honestly, I would never consider buying one because of this one feature.

View attachment 431738 View attachment 431740
So when you turn the volume down on the radio all of a sudden you're in park.

If the entire rear door shell, pillar & bedside skin are replaced, my guess is the number on job will well exceed 10K.
OK, my 1st guess was ten k, then i said well north of ten. 'Dub said 8 k, and Mar said 14k. Since i went over & Mar went over.....the accolades go to 'Dub. Way to be eldubb!

Blade c'mon, I went $8345.25! Lol

....... that bedside is a straight forward replacement, about 3K....cab corner 1500...... 2500 tops to repair a door and replace a door......add in some bullshit and sales tax get you to 10K tops......

not bad

Auto Transport Service
Back