• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My turn today

Just got an estimate yesterday & they came up with an initial cost of just shy of $5,800.00, but they also said that cost it will go up once they get the door off and see what's underneath. I had another incident with it last weekend. Without getting into too much detail, a frigged up garage door at the new place came crashing down and two window panes shattered sending shards of glass right into the left side of the truck chipping the hell out of the left rear door and front of the bed quarter. This obviously didn't sit well with me (to say the least), and I made up my mind to get it repaired and sell it. Just came back from the Stealership from ordering a new 2017 Lariat similar to this....

View attachment 422373
Two more panels to clear now, bummer. Sounds like the truck is marked for persecution.

I had a Peugeot in 86 that was a lemon/ possessed/ demon filled POS.

Tell me it aint so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a damn ford? wow LOL:mob:

Did they fix the problem with the Ecoboost engines?

Those Lariats are nice. But why not get the top of the line F150 Platinum or Limited?

new RFF HO

Just buy the extended warranty as not all Ecoboost engines are good like the one you had and you won't need to worry.

Here's some pictures taken today...

truck 1.jpg
truck 3.jpg
truck 2.jpg

Yes, the insurance company only allowed for a used door. The body shop is sectioning the rear cab pillar and the rear door rocker. I was also told that the insurance company allowed for a used bed quarter, but the body shop ordered a new quarter. Supposedly it'll be ready in about a week.

The secondary mishap on the left side requires that the two doors and quarter on the bed be repainted. It will drive me nuts if the paint does not mach and I think I made the right decision in ordering up a replacement vehicle.

Good shops will make the paint match. Mine has, both times. We pay on our policy for only new/OEM parts, for damage and repairs.

Let's hope they get the right root beer. I'd hate to see it in Barg's if it supposed to be A&W. lol

I had a 10 year old silver metallic car that was wrecked and repaired and they matched that old paint.

When my wife wrecked the Elantra they replaced the front section and the paint matched great. The part failed later and they replaced it again, no so good the second time around.

Here's some pictures taken today...

View attachment 424861 View attachment 424863 View attachment 424865

Yes, the insurance company only allowed for a used door. The body shop is sectioning the rear cab pillar and the rear door rocker. I was also told that the insurance company allowed for a used bed quarter, but the body shop ordered a new quarter. Supposedly it'll be ready in about a week.

The secondary mishap on the left side requires that the two doors and quarter on the bed be repainted. It will drive me nuts if the paint does not mach and I think I made the right decision in ordering up a replacement vehicle.
Insurance is making You eat used parts?? But they wrote a new cab side that will be cut up to section rear pillar & rocker?? Why wouldnt they write a new door shell & write a used cab side??
Whats the final tally? & they wouldnt write a new bedside skin?? Your truck is a 2014 isnt it?

It's how much your pay, for what coverage. It's ala-carte for insurance now.

Auto Transport Service
Back