• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Cruising in the autumn leaves....

IMG_20231021_130405589_HDR.jpg

Well, in one of the threads we had a few posts complaining about the quality of brand new parts. Well, for my buddies 440 GTX, we found some NOS (never used) Mopar Stage VI heads. These are from the mid 90's.

Well, guess what? they didn't fit on the block because the block dowel pin holes in the heads were mis-drilled about .080" too narrow. :mob:

So I had to exactly measure and figure out how they were mis-drilled. Turns out both needed to be elongated the same amount to ensure the heads would fit properly/ with the right alignment (elongate each .040" straight towards the edge of the head).

Here is my setup after making sure the head was perfectly parallel to the table, and level in both the X and Y axis.
20231010_123641.jpg

Then it was time to use the exact size end mill to elongate the holes. This is NOT a drill bit as the side of it cuts as well. The setup takes all the time. Once setup is done, cutting took 10 seconds or so.
20231010_124222.jpg

Perhaps I was more careful in measuring than I needed to be, but now the heads fit perfectly on the block!
20231010_190648.jpg

Well, in one of the threads we had a few posts complaining about the quality of brand new parts. Well, for my buddies 440 GTX, we found some NOS (never used) Mopar Stage VI heads. These are from the mid 90's.

Well, guess what? they didn't fit on the block because the block dowel pin holes in the heads were mis-drilled about .080" too narrow. :mob:

So I had to exactly measure and figure out how they were mis-drilled. Turns out both needed to be elongated the same amount to ensure the heads would fit properly/ with the right alignment (elongate each .040" straight towards the edge of the head).

Here is my setup after making sure the head was perfectly parallel to the table, and level in both the X and Y axis.
View attachment 1543960

Then it was time to use the exact size end mill to elongate the holes. This is NOT a drill bit as the side of it cuts as well. The setup takes all the time. Once setup is done, cutting took 10 seconds or so.
View attachment 1543961

Perhaps I was more careful in measuring than I needed to be, but now the heads fit perfectly on the block!
View attachment 1543962

you're having all the fun :poke:

Changed the rear diff fluid in the wrangler. No idea when (if) it was last changed. The rtv looked younger than 102k miles, but the fluid was BLACK coming out.

IMG_20231022_114613880.jpg

It's a trac-lok Dana 35 rear and I kept hearing a "wup-wup" noise in lower gears, and it did not smell like it had additive in it. Filled it with additive and new lube and it was already quieter on a test spin....gear teeth look fine, no scallops or sharp edges, so I'm hoping it'll be ok for a while now that it has the right stuff in it...

Not that I'll ever use them.
But I picked up 2 nos cigarette lighters.

20231023_165058.jpg

pissed off fedex guy.... got brake parts for a 62. ....the front anyway....

IMG_20231024_134736.jpg

IMG_20231024_191552.jpg

Last edited:
I installed the tail light assembly on the Charger today utilizing a "Full Set" of OEM style gaskets that I made myself
dance

Still have to attach the last piece to the deck lid though... maybe later today, or tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I installed the trunk lock first
think

Assembly.jpg

IMG_7560.JPG

IMG_7562.JPG

IMG_7574.jpg

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7572.JPG

View attachment 1543960

View attachment 1543961

View attachment 1543962
I know all too well about hours long setups and then 10 minutes of butt time watching the machine do the cutting lol
pissed off fedex guy.... got brake parts for a 62. ....the front anyway....

View attachment 1545260
View attachment 1545415
Pissed him off because the box was heavy?? Had a few heavy boxes over the years but so far, no one was pissed....

Installed the trunk lid on my 66 Belvedere today. Still not quite right with the adjustment but doing this by myself isn't as easy as it was years back....it's close tho. Drove 30 miles today to get a sheet metal nut or whatever they are called for attaching the hinges to the lid. Yeah, it looks like the last couple of pics I've posted of the car but now the hinges are attached to it. Next feat will be hooking up the hinge springs but not today :D Funny how such a insignificant looking part can halt progress.

IMG_20231016_170633422.jpg

IMG_20231016_170652098(1).jpg

IMG_20231025_140323251.jpg

I know all too well about hours long setups and then 10 minutes of butt time watching the machine do the cutting lol

Pissed him off because the box was heavy?? Had a few heavy boxes over the years but so far, no one was pissed....
i guess he was having a bad day. but he did get out of the truck cussing about it. and he wasn't the guy that normally comes around.

Went and took a buddy out in my new 300C. He's been holed-up since his mother passed. I was in his drive and not leaving, till he came out of the house. Took him out and about, for about an hour. I'm hoping he calls and wants to do things...otherwise, back to his driveway again. Great guy, with emotions tying him down.

300 Stoney 10-23-23 2 crop.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back