• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Went and took a buddy out in my new 300C. He's been holed-up since his mother passed. I was in his drive and not leaving, till he came out of the house. Took him out and about for about an hour. I'm hoping he calls and wants to do things...otherwise, back to his driveway again. Great guy, with emotions tying him down.

View attachment 1545903
You're a good friend. Sometimes folks (including us) need folks to step in and step up when it's needed.

Not me but a friend sprayed my hood and rear deck/window surround matte black.

696DEDD8-369D-4E38-9165-5844A10F9DB8.jpeg
AA3748E8-DE38-41AD-9903-8E672DD74DCA.jpeg
FE1C4316-3528-48D5-B150-42530708E447.jpeg
7C9A72D5-A883-42D0-B0C1-79FAFC1FF01D.jpeg

E71A4AEB-1599-402A-9BFC-B2918E5B85C0.jpeg

my project for the day.... turns out there was only one bolt and gravity holding the bed on. .... someone is watching out for me.
in PA this is a perfict rust wise. im guessing it spent most of its life south of here.
IMG_20231026_125426.jpg

Last edited:
nice....that looks good on her. can ya adjust that wing to be a bit more flat? or is that just how thay are? not the color. the angle.
It is adjustable but not sure it will flatten anymore.

Below is before the deck lid and hood were painted flat black

CAD45477-6C14-499A-AB2E-BA1278B8744B.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished the seats for this year. It took ten months to get the two sets of 71 Charger seat covers from Legendary interiors. I did four bucket seats, top and bottom of each and two rear seats, top and bottom of them as well. This is the last one! Like John Lennon once screamed.....I've got blisters on my fingers! Lol

20231026_211244.jpg

Doing cooling system flush on the hotrod. Been running straight water and its got a rusty look to it

Time to upgrade

Doing cooling system flush on the hotrod. Been running straight water and its got a rusty look to it

Time to upgrade
No water pump lubricant or rust inhibitor added in?? I'm running straight water in my stuff too but at least add that into the mix....

Working on my buddy's 440 build: First, his pistons were about .008" out of the hole. So I cut them .010" to whack-a-mole them back in.

Like all machining, first you have to make sure the cut will be absolutely square.
20231017_122516.jpg

Once everything is all set up, then I could cut them all quickly with the repeatable setup. (P.S. The black on the piston is marker. It is used to find your zero as well as verify everything is square. When you can turn the black into gray, you know you are at your zero cut! From there, I dialed in a .010" cut.)
20231017_180338.jpg

Here is a picture of one that is cut (on right) compared to one that isn't.
20231017_181431.jpg

BUT, the pistons were still big, heavy PIGS. They weighed in at 885 grams each! I measured the dome thickness and they were .508" at the center and even thicker at the sides! So, I then cut .250" off the bottoms to lighten them up. The tool used here was a big 1" end mill with curved edges.
20231024_193804.jpg

This was a bit of a pain in the butt, since cutting the "dogbone" shape had to be done somewhat freehand. So this took some time!
20231024_194135.jpg

When I was done, I had cut about 75 grams out of each, and they are all within 2 grams of one another. The final step will be to take a butterfly bit and smooth them out underneath so there are no sharp edges (to induce a crack), as well as bring them all within 1/2 a gram of one another in weight. Then we can balance the entire reciprocating assembly and build a short block.
20231025_183456.jpg

Had the block been decked before Hawk? Usually the big block pistons aren't above deck.
I agree, they are usually below. This block is well used, and its history is not known. It has had work done to it before, and it obviously has been decked. Luckily a little piston trim and we should be all set! :thumbsup:

I agree, they are usually below. This block is well used, and its history is not known. It has had work done to it before, and it obviously has been decked. Luckily a little piston trim and we should be all set! :thumbsup:
What ever intake with or without spacers get it sealed.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
my project for the day.... turns out there was only one bolt and gravity holding the bed on. .... someone is watching out for me.
in PA this is a perfict rust wise. im guessing it spent most of its life south of here.
View attachment 1546287
Does/did the fuel inlet have the anti-roll over protection ball? My 95 Dakota did and took it out when I had the bed off. I use the truck as my 'tanker' whenever a storm rolls in instead of filling up a bunch of 5 gallon jugs (I do that too though).

Working on my buddy's 440 build: First, his pistons were about .008" out of the hole. So I cut them .010" to whack-a-mole them back in.

Like all machining, first you have to make sure the cut will be absolutely square.
View attachment 1546930

Once everything is all set up, then I could cut them all quickly with the repeatable setup. (P.S. The black on the piston is marker. It is used to find your zero as well as verify everything is square. When you can turn the black into gray, you know you are at your zero cut! From there, I dialed in a .010" cut.)
View attachment 1546931

Here is a picture of one that is cut (on right) compared to one that isn't.
View attachment 1546932

BUT, the pistons were still big, heavy PIGS. They weighed in at 885 grams each! I measured the dome thickness and they were .508" at the center and even thicker at the sides! So, I then cut .250" off the bottoms to lighten them up. The tool used here was a big 1" end mill with curved edges.
View attachment 1546933

This was a bit of a pain in the butt, since cutting the "dogbone" shape had to be done somewhat freehand. So this took some time!
View attachment 1546934

When I was done, I had cut about 75 grams out of each, and they are all within 2 grams of one another. The final step will be to take a butterfly bit and smooth them out underneath so there are no sharp edges (to induce a crack), as well as bring them all within 1/2 a gram of one another in weight. Then we can balance the entire reciprocating assembly and build a short block.
View attachment 1546935
Ball end mill? I did some pistons some years back for a bud that was planning on running the funny gas and was skeptical because I took out way more than 75 grams lol. He was running a fully loaded road runner complete with a cage and that thing was 3900 lbs and ran high 10's with a good shot of that stuff. Several years later he went with a bigger engine and brought the slugs over to show me the damage.....and there was none!

Auto Transport Service
Back