• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

My mechanic came over. It was extremely cold and snowy today. I closed the doors in the garage to the outside and left the door to the house from the garage open. It wasn't too bad in there even though it was 13 degrees outside. We mounted the front bumper and the hidden headlights grille. It's been years since that's been on. We also mounted the front and rear valences that we painted last week. The car is looking pretty complete.

Sprayed primer on the 62 this morning…

IMG_4707.jpeg

IMG_4701.jpeg

IMG_4706.jpeg

Well, waiting on parts for my jeep D35 rebuild so I fixed the Charger. New voltage regulator, tested wiring, tested voltage with a multimeter, and finally installed 2 new gauges. Pic is still semi-choke; warmed up it idles at 750 in neutral.

IMG_20231208_112456211.jpg

14v rock solid on the gauge, regardless of rpm. Gonna take it to Napa here in a sec to get some stuff for work...short shakedown hop. Just to be sure.

Fixed the gas gauge in the Charger. That completes the list (kinda; I still need to rebuild the steering box to fix a massive leak).

Old sending unit has a spot where the conductor from the float rheostat to the external pin, had rubbed on the fuel tube and shorted out (causing a constant full reading). I may cut out that little ribbon strip and solder in a wire with some good insulation, and keep it as a spare.

It also has no sock; wonder if that's floating around in the tank somewhere....

Replaced the speedometer pinion gear with what should be the correct one. Won’t know until spring.

IMG_7976.jpeg

Monday I cut the rusty dog leg off this 71 Charger fender and welded a new patch panel, today the blending process has begun. A coat of metal to metal to dress the welded area before a skim coat of regular body filler.

20231209_155738.jpg

20231204_165223.jpg

20231204_165233.jpg

20231209_155725.jpg

20231209_155730.jpg

The original shipping invoice for my GTX located by the original owner’s son, this completes the collection, consisting of the original window sticker, broadcast sheet, IBM punch card, original dealer invoice, and the carbon copy that came with it.

View attachment 1571270

5E6C0F8E-322E-406E-8B24-6C8E9B6274DA.jpeg

Last edited:
Hauled my 62’ up to my friends shop to start pulling the 318 Polly, make way for the 440.
IMG_4737.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

Replaced oil sender on my winter beater 95 Wrangler. The guage pegged on high, no strange noises besides the normal strange noises. It literally took longer to go get a new sender than actually replacing it. 30 minutes to go to local Napa, <5 minutes to change it. Oil pressure on guage back to normal. It's good for another 131k.

Hungover and moving kind of slow after the company Christmas party last night. Not wanting to be a total POS, I crawled under the GTX and continued with the clean up. The rubber residue stuck to the floor pan behind the rear tires was the worst part. I'll give it the once over to make sure nothing got missed before putting the car back on the ground, then I can replace the spring shackle bushings.

IMG_9888.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9887.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back