• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My turn today

Glad you're ok RC and like GetX'd said, glad it wasn't one of the toys!

Now this guy in the truck didn't yield either

Easiest way to execute a roundabout

Last edited:
In FL. We call those the weeeeeeee.......thingy

The complete door is toast as it's pulled out at the top. The pillar portion has me concerned also. Oh well, it's off to the estimator tomorrow.

View attachment 420493
It's just a newer truck, still producing the factory parts
at-least it wasn't one of the cool cars you have...

good to hear you're not hurt, that thing can be fixed

wait till you get halfway around and come face to face with an 80 year old woman going the wrong way on one :rolleyes:

C'mon guys....this is how you take a roundabout - it's even the correct model of car for Mr Cranium.

RC,

Ouch! Sorry to hear but glad your ok!

wait till you get halfway around and come face to face with an 80 year old woman going the wrong way on one :rolleyes:

When I was a teenager, I was hit by a drunk driver going the wrong way on a 2 lane road (each direction). He was coming straight at me, I hit the brakes, cut the wheel and went sideways and I got hit behind the driver's door. He continued going a few hundred feet more and then ran off the road into a ditch.

OK, I'm going to the body shop today to get an estimate. What's the over/under on it costing more than 10 large?

OK, I'm going to the body shop today to get an estimate. What's the over/under on it costing more than 10 large?

Good luck! Collision prices seem to have gone through the roof in the last 15 years. We had a minor accident with no structural damage to the rear quarter of our minivan and it cost over $3k... When I read through the estimate I almost fell out of my chair. Almost $700 to remove, respray and reinstall a bumper?

Seems crazy high to me. Insurance companies don't seem to have a problem paying for it, so maybe I'm just clueless, but:wtf:.

I went to the body shop & they won't give me an estimate at this time. Rather, they want a work order from the insurance company, drop it off & pick it up when it's done. Looks like I won't find out the cost until it's done.

I went to the body shop & they won't give me an estimate at this time. Rather, they want a work order from the insurance company, drop it off & pick it up when it's done. Looks like I won't find out the cost until it's done.
They want to get it cut open to make an accurate appraisal of damage so they dont have to fight w/ insurance co. over supplements in middle of job, is my guess.

what is the labor rate for collision shops in your area? it about 48/hour here.....the insurance companies do their best to steer all the work to their "preferred" shops...... makes it almost impossible for small shops to compete.....

Last edited:
based on the pic....

repair front door
replace rear door
replace cab corner.... they should just section the lower half, no reason to get too invasive (includes R&R bed and rear bumper)
replace bed side
replace step thingy....

just under 10K, without supplements...... it's really not that bad

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back